No-Spill gas can

mucksiegooma

Threads
I purchased a 2 1/2 gallon No-Spill gas can for my new Honda HRR lawn mower. The owner's manual suggests the use of this gas can.

The problem I am having is that the gas flow does not stop automatically when the gas level in the tank reaches the end of the gas spout, like it is supposed
to do.

Are there any other Honda owner's using this can that are experiencing the same problem?

Please advise.

GregGA

Threads
I purchased a 2 1/2 gallon No-Spill gas can for my new Honda HRR lawn mower. The owner's manual suggests the use of this gas can.

The problem I am having is that the gas flow does not stop automatically when the gas level in the tank reaches the end of the gas spout, like it is supposed
to do.

Are there any other Honda owner's using this can that are experiencing the same problem?

Please advise.

Yep, on my HRX. Sometimes no problem, sometimes I degrease the paint:smile: It works every time on my Chonda
Harbor Freight Predator. Go figure.

I was a liberal arts major. Put I bet there are some guys on here that took physics and can explain this. I am using a Mr. Funnel to filter the gas, so that really gets fun.

I think the best way is to just hold it so you can see in the neck and fill it that way, until someone can analyze it an give us a fool proof answer.

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your mower!

mucksiegooma

Threads
Yep, on my HRX. Sometimes no problem, sometimes I degrease the paint:smile: It works every time on my Chonda
Harbor Freight Predator. Go figure.

I was a liberal arts major. Put I bet there are some guys on here that took physics and can explain this. I am using a Mr. Funnel to filter the gas, so that really gets fun.

I think the best way is to just hold it so you can see in the neck and fill it that way, until someone can analyze it an give us a fool proof answer.

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your mower!

I contacted No-Spill Company and they mentioned the geometry of the tank might be the issue, meaning how fast it fills etc. I think that is a bunch of b.s.
since it has a air vent tube in the middle of the spout that when the gas fills the are vent, the gas flow is supposed to stop. It sounds like rocket science to me. They sent me a new spouit and a new can and spout and still am having issues. Now they tell me that the cap has to be tightened to the tightest it will go. I will try that next time I yon Honda mower and see what develops.

GregGA

Threads
I. They sent me a new spouit and a new can and spout and still am having issues. Now they tell me that the cap has to be tightened to the tightest it will go. I will try that next time I yon Honda mower and see what develops.

Wow:thumbsup: Talk about excellent customer service! The only other company that equals that is Weber Grills. I had a lid that developed a small chip in coating by the handle: new lid shipped with absolutely no static.

Let us know your experiment's results.