No Spark on Kohler V-Twin CV624S after installing (2) NEW Ignition Coil Modules

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / No Spark on Kohler V-Twin CV624S after installing (2) NEW Ignition Coil Modules
Can you post up the colour(s) "color" of the wires going to the coils please so that I know that am looking at the right wiring diagram.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / No Spark on Kohler V-Twin CV624S after installing (2) NEW Ignition Coil Modules
You have purchased the wrong coils, according to your spec number, those look like the coils for the Smart Spark module.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
You need coil # 24 584 45s

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Wrong or not...."I only replaced them because they were rusted and lost spark on the one." he was having the same problem with the old one's, so it can't be with the coil itself, I would him to take off the (kill wire) its the small wire of the two, off the coil to see if it then has a spark, seems to be the only way to know...! wrong coils or not he still has spark, but only on one of them..!

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Wrong or not...."I only replaced them because they were rusted and lost spark on the one." he was having the same problem with the old one's, so it can't be with the coil itself, I would him to take off the (kill wire) its the small wire of the two, off the coil to see if it then has a spark, seems to be the only way to know...! wrong coils or not he still has spark, but only on one of them..!

HUHH?

His old coil only had 1 wire going to it, the kill wire!

The coils he has shown has the second, different sized terminal for the wire from the Smartspark Advance module, which according to his model he does not have. For these coils to work, he would have to add the module, change the flywheel too,
and rewire the tractor correctly.

So with any luck at all, the shop that sold him those coils were at fault for selling him the incorrect ones and will take them
back, as here in America, almost no suppliers will take back electric/electronic parts for any reason.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
HUHH?

His old coil only had 1 wire going to it, the kill wire!

The coils he has shown has the second, different sized terminal for the wire from the Smartspark Advance module, which according to his model he does not have. For these coils to work, he would have to add the module, change the flywheel too,
and rewire the tractor correctly.

So with any luck at all, the shop that sold him those coils were at fault for selling him the incorrect ones and will take them
back, as here in America, almost no suppliers will take back electric/electronic parts for any reason.

Were did you see or read that there was only one wire on the old system....?

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hopefully this link will work from this online parts lookup.

I like to look up the engine in question, that is why I always ask for the spec number.

OEM Parts

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Blaiser can you take a photo of old coils please...?