No charge going to battery

Mtn.Mike

Threads
I have a 2009 Cub Cadet M72 Tank and I'm not getting any charge to the battery. I have checked the output at the voltage regulator and the most I get from either terminal is about 10.5 Vdc.
I should be getting above 26 volts, or better, if I remember right. I have removed the flywheel and cleaned around the stator but that didn't help.
The engine is a Kawasaki 37 HP two cylinder and the mower runs fine but after about 3 hours I don't dare turn it off unless I have a battery booster available. The battery is new this year and the cables are clean and tight.
I have checked across the battery terminals while the engine is running and all I get is 12.6v rather than the 14 volts I should be getting from the voltage regulator.
I replaced the voltage regulator and that didn't help. Do I need to change the stator and what tests can I run to check it?

Thanks, Mike

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The output from the stator is AC power, Check the output with one lead of meter to one wire and the other lead to other wire of stator. If less than the stated stator voltage than replace the stator.

Also make sure that you are getting battery voltage to the regulator.

Mtn.Mike

Threads
Here's an update on my problem. I checked the voltage from the stator and it was around 4 volts AC. I noticed that the plug going to the voltage regulator from the stator was very hot to the touch and when I looked closer I could see that there was some burning at the plug.
I cut both wires off the plug and put separate ends on them and then checked my voltage. I was getting 34.6 volts AC.
The problem was at the connection to the voltage regulator and not with my stator. I also checked the voltage at the lone wire which was 12.8 volts DC.
Thanks for the help.

Mike

Rokon

Threads
A+ for following up with the solution to your problem. :thumbsup: