newbiejds scotts S2348 riding lawnmower blown every 30 amp fuse. need help.

jds23/48

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / newbiejds scotts S2348 riding lawnmower blown every 30 amp fuse. need help.
My scotts S2348 automatic riding lawn mower are blowing every 30 amp fuse. I change battery,solenoid,blade switch,lower engine oil leak which oil seals did,t stop the leak at a total cost of $650.00. Can any one out there can help narrow this problem down?

Threads
I moved your thread to the Small Engine & Mower Repair Forum. :smile:

Batt4Christ

Threads
I'm not sure how an oil leak or most of the other things listed would have any bearing on blowing fuses. Blown fuses are 99.9% of the time the result of a short - you have a wire somewhere that is missing insulation and/or a piece of metal has cut into the insulation and is shorting out.

Figure out what the fuse is protecting - then follow those wires all the way to switch/connection and look for damaged wire.

When does the fuse blow? Do you put it in and it just pops, or do you put in a new one, crank the motor and it pop? Or maybe it pops when you pull the PTO button to engage the blades? All of these things would help us isolate the issue.