New work truck

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Diff oil is still good, trans got done at 100 000 km (drop pan, change filter). Oil just got done also before I bought it. The guy was from the military. He was keeping things real tight. Like he said, ''I dont' F*** around''.

I almost bought a Titan, but after reading about it, I strolled away from it. Also, people told me to stay away from it.

Alltho, I think I will get the diff done just to be on the safe side. Thanks for the heads up on the fluids!

You would have been happy with the Titan :) I am

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I had that same engine in an old GMC 1500 that I had. That engine would haul better than my current 5.0 V8 in my F-150. Congratulations on a good truck.

Just curious What year is the current F-150 5.0?

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
You would have been happy with the Titan :) I am

I have read about them constantly having leeks from the driveshafts, blown radiators (made of plastic), cheap radio (that I didn't care since I would of put my aftermarket one for my ipod) and brake issues. I just wasn't sure about it and the shop selling it was a little weird. The gate was pushed on the bumper all the time leaving good scratches.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
It's a 2013 model.

Did you get the trailer tow package? Mine is a 2013 and it Pull and Haul more than the old F-150 2006 5.4 did. The F-150 is rated to pull 10,000 to 11,300 lbs.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have read about them constantly having leeks from the driveshafts, blown radiators (made of plastic), cheap radio (that I didn't care since I would of put my aftermarket one for my ipod) and brake issues. I just wasn't sure about it and the shop selling it was a little weird. The gate was pushed on the bumper all the time leaving good scratches.

My rad is not plastic :/ I have a nice rockford audio stock with aux and Bluetooth. As for the brakes I pull a trailer have 90000 miles on original brakes so I wouldn't know lol. I've blown one axle bearing but that was my own fault its not made for 2500 pounds in the bed pulling a trailer and hitting potholes hard

LoCo86

Threads
Did you get the trailer tow package? Mine is a 2013 and it Pull and Haul more than the old F-150 2006 5.4 did. The F-150 is rated to pull 10,000 to 11,300 lbs.

Yes I have the towing package and it does tow well, but the GMC that I had even when the trailer was loaded down felt as if nothing was behind it and the ride was a lot smother. The reason I didn't go with another GMC is that my local dealership was so aggressive to sell a used truck more than their new ones. Also would have rather went with a Toyota Tundra but was too far apart on price with the dealer.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
My rad is not plastic :/ I have a nice rockford audio stock with aux and Bluetooth. As for the brakes I pull a trailer have 90000 miles on original brakes so I wouldn't know lol. I've blown one axle bearing but that was my own fault its not made for 2500 pounds in the bed pulling a trailer and hitting potholes hard

What year is your Titan?

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yes I have the towing package and it does tow well, but the GMC that I had even when the trailer was loaded down felt as if nothing was behind it and the ride was a lot smother. The reason I didn't go with another GMC is that my local dealership was so aggressive to sell a used truck more than their new ones. Also would have rather went with a Toyota Tundra but was too far apart on price with the dealer.

You got a lot more hp and torque than the 4.8 in the other truck. It should do a better job for you than anything you mentioned. Now I will say I don't think the 2013 F-150 rides as nice as the old 2006 F-150 did but it drives a whole lot nicer and gets better gas mileage..

LoCo86

Threads
You got a lot more hp and torque than the 4.8 in the other truck. It should do a better job for you than anything you mentioned. Now I will say I don't think the 2013 F-150 rides as nice as the old 2006 F-150 did but it drives a whole lot nicer and gets better gas mileage..

That may be true according to the stats the auto companies provide, but how it performs in the field under everyday use the GMC was a better truck. Now the Toyota Tundra will hang I'm there with a F-250 diesel except when climbing hills.