New work truck

TaskForceLawnCare

Threads
slow down you'll go faster? simple physics will tell you its impossible and great there's always going to be the exception of the 2wd owner that will bet his house he can go through as much snow in his 2wd p/u as the guy in the 4wd p/u. I'll keep my tow straps in the tool box handy so I can pull him out and hear all about how he never gets stuck. I'll be the first to admit I've had mine buried before and had to get pulled out but it wasn't a 2wd that came to my rescue.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
slow down you'll go faster? simple physics will tell you its impossible and great there's always going to be the exception of the 2wd owner that will bet his house he can go through as much snow in his 2wd p/u as the guy in the 4wd p/u. I'll keep my tow straps in the tool box handy so I can pull him out and hear all about how he never gets stuck. I'll be the first to admit I've had mine buried before and had to get pulled out but it wasn't a 2wd that came to my rescue.

One thing I have learned living down here is these country boys do not realize they can not stop as fast as they can take off in the snow.

Every time it snows we see 3 types of. vehicles sitting in a ditch.

Lifted trucks and mustangs and can't forget the cars with the 30 inch rims

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well I drove in 1-2 feet of snow in a Ranger and other countless winter storms with no sand in the box. It will drift all over the place, but if the driver knows what he is doing all will be fine. I live in the north and don't drive cocky. I guess that is the goal.

X-man

Threads
....Every time it snows we see 3 types of. vehicles sitting in a ditch.

Lifted trucks and mustangs and can't forget the cars with the 30 inch rims

Hey now, I only got my mustang stuck once last winter, and that was because stupid me tried doing a u-turn on a dirt road. Lol.

TaskForceLawnCare

Threads
we had enough snow last year they called out the national guard. shut down Indianapolis for all traffic except plow trucks and emergency vehicles. local governments where paying contractors with insurance $180 an hour to help plow side streets. I rented a farmers truck and services w/plow and ran the f350. I've a 115 gallon transfer tank I put in my truck in the place of the front tool box. I think it was 3-4 days straight before I even turned it off, just plow, plow, swap drivers, nap and plow some more. obviously there where some maintenance and repair cost involved but nothing compared to the incoming funds.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hey now, I only got my mustang stuck once last winter, and that was because stupid me tried doing a u-turn on a dirt road. Lol.

Sorry to hear you have a mustang.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
we had enough snow last year they called out the national guard. shut down Indianapolis for all traffic except plow trucks and emergency vehicles. local governments where paying contractors with insurance $180 an hour to help plow side streets. I rented a farmers truck and services w/plow and ran the f350. I've a 115 gallon transfer tank I put in my truck in the place of the front tool box. I think it was 3-4 days straight before I even turned it off, just plow, plow, swap drivers, nap and plow some more. obviously there where some maintenance and repair cost involved but nothing compared to the incoming funds.

Good move on that! You had your hand real deep in the cookie jar!

TaskForceLawnCare

Threads
putting that kind of money out up front is nerve racking. I hate pushing snow but there's good money in it with the right customers. I think I mostly just hate already not having a life in the cutting season, then comes the leaf season right in front of the snow season. I may stop pushing snow when I don't need the extra money

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Winter here is always interesting we could get snow every day for 4 months or nothing. Last few years its been about once a week. So 4 days out of the month isn't bad. 4 years ago we got heavy make everyday in December and Jan was terrible .

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
putting that kind of money out up front is nerve racking. I hate pushing snow but there's good money in it with the right customers. I think I mostly just hate already not having a life in the cutting season, then comes the leaf season right in front of the snow season. I may stop pushing snow when I don't need the extra money

I hate it too. I wont do it this year. I need something better than a snowblower to be competitive (soo many low ballers and it would be much faster). I would like a Kubota with a pto blower and front shovel, but that is about 20 K right there.