New used Deere l100 lawn tractor

Smithsonite

Threads
Well, from experience if you use that Amazon solenoid, you WILL be replacing it every year (IF you're lucky). I gave up many years ago buying ANY electrical devices from Amazon. It's all straight from mainland china with the expected quality control.

That said, these days genuine Briggs parts aren't much better, but that's the world we live in today. But they are better.

odiez

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well, from experience if you use that Amazon solenoid, you WILL be replacing it every year (IF you're lucky). I gave up many years ago buying ANY electrical devices from Amazon. It's all straight from mainland china with the expected quality control.

That said, these days genuine Briggs parts aren't much better, but that's the world we live in today. But they are better.
The last one I replaced was oem on my 3 year old X350 with 50 hours on it. So I'm not crazy about the quality of the oem solenoids. I replaced one on my STX with an oem. That one wasn't much better for longevity. For half the price I'll take my chances.

12icer

Threads
So it turns over but does not start with the jumper to the exciter tab of the solenoid?

Does the starter motor turn as long as you keep a jumper on the solenoid?

If so then you may need a switch instead of a solenoid, OR just to clean all of the teminals on the back of the switch and put HiD grease on them.