New Tools.

jamesslcx

Threads
Hello everyone. Anyone bought any new tools worth mentioning lately? I just got around to using one of the tiny impact drivers I bought a few weeks ago, seems very handy in certain situations.

Dangeroustoys56

Threads
I suppose my new purchases are basically 'tools' - i bot a brand new 10x20 autoshelter 'garage' - retailing for $350 for.....$50 on clearance - i even bot another one for my parents for that price.

I bot a 'precise fit' spike areator/spreader ( Lowes sells them) from a thrift store - looks brand new- $50 ( retail is like $150).

Stopped by Lowes tonite- noticed a large box on the floor by garden shop- i opened it up and..... it was a brand NEW complete bagger setup for a Husquvarna tractor, special ordered for a customer and it didnt fit their z turn tractor - retail price $400 - how much did i pay ? $30 for it - heck for that ill make it fit one of my tractors.

So next time youre in a box store or any store or thrift store/flea market - double check for clearance/good deals- you can never be sure.

I call those my 'ultimate' scores for the year so far.......

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hello everyone. Anyone bought any new tools worth mentioning lately? I just got around to using one of the tiny impact drivers I bought a few weeks ago, seems very handy in certain situations.

Gonna run all my errands today, stop at Menards, Sears, etc. At Sears I am going to buy a cordless tool combo, they are selling the kit with 19.2 volt rill, circular saw, sawzall, lite, 2 batteries, for $50 off...$140 and tax. I keep a set of Skil 14.4 volt cordless tools in my garden shed, the batteries (3) have just about had it, I can buy the kit at Sears for the cost to replace the batteries.

While on the subject of tools, I was a tool junkie for a long time, no matter how many I got it was never enough, always wanted more. Some guys collect coins, stamps, guns, etc. I collected tools.

173abn

Threads
built a new "mower room" last yr on the back of my barn and wanted it to have it's own tools so I've been buyiny socket sets ,US and Metric, wrenchs US and Metric ,impact tools,a grinder,screwdrivers ,air powered grease guns,compressor,shopvac and a whole lot of other stuff...russ

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
built a new "mower room" last yr on the back of my barn and wanted it to have it's own tools so I've been buyiny socket sets ,US and Metric, wrenchs US and Metric ,impact tools,a grinder,screwdrivers ,air powered grease guns,compressor,shopvac and a whole lot of other stuff...russ

Russ, I have a full workshop in the basement of my house, in my garage, in my north barn, in my big barn, a smaller workshop in my garden shed......

173abn

Threads
JD know what you mean ,tools tools and more tools.One tool I forget to mention was a new elec hoist to lift my mowers.Havent got it up yet but it should save the back.One item I'm considering is a sandblaster to rehab my mowers...russ

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I buy new tools every time I go to Harbor Freight...Can't say any are worth mentioning... :wink: :laughing:

Here the local Harbor Freight is having a parking lot sale this weekend, "huge discounts up to 85%"....

Yeah, I was two miles away from them this morning and didn't waste my time going there. HF sells mostly C--P !!!!!!!

jamesslcx

Threads
I keep on hearing good things about the H.F. composite ratchets, lord knows I dont need any but I might give them a try! Yea Dangeroustoys56 you never know when or where a good "tool" deal will show up!

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Have pretty much stuck with Sears Craftsman hand and power tools all my life, have some mechanics tools that are over 40 years old that are still in good condition. It would be interesting to total up how much I have spent on tools in those 40 plus years.