New to this forum but I have a broken magnet in a Tecumseh and wondered where u can get another one it has to be cheaper than a new starter

herbz57chev

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / New to this forum but I have a broken magnet in a Tecumseh and wondered where u can get another one it has to be cheaper than a new starter
New to this forum does anyone one know where to get a new magnet for a Tecumseh starter mine broke and it has to be cheaper to get one mag rather than a whole starter

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
  • / New to this forum but I have a broken magnet in a Tecumseh and wondered where u can get another one it has to be cheaper than a new starter
Not likely even if they were available. They are fairly specialized, polarized. and requires the right epoxy to mount them in the correct position. Just accept that you need to purchase either a new or used replacement starter.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Starter motor magnets are generally polarized after fitting oonto the body.
Every second that they are sitting in the body without an armature in there they loose strength
So no not a service replacement part .