new to site and looking to buy a Zero turn mower

ksgrassguy

Threads
Hi all, I'm very new to the site and looking into buy a zero turn riding mower. I have about 1.5 acres that I mow. I want very reliable mower. Willing to buy a commercial grade mower if need be to make sure the dam thing last.
not sure of what brands to look for. I have a walking Honda Mower I love but getting old and need something easier

thanks in advance

Threads
Hi all, I'm very new to the site and looking into buy a zero turn riding mower. I have about 1.5 acres that I mow. I want very reliable mower. Willing to buy a commercial grade mower if need be to make sure the dam thing last.
not sure of what brands to look for. I have a walking Honda Mower I love but getting old and need something easier

thanks in advance

WELCOME TO LMF!
Good choice with buying the Honda mower! :biggrin:
OK, as for a ZTR mower...there are many good brands. Exmark, Scag, Gravely, Ferris, John Deere, etc. But personally I think Exmark and Scag are the best. As I said in my response to your question in this thread (http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/exmark-forum/10081-exmark-2.html) if you want a NEW commercial mower, it will cost around $10,000 (you would want to buy it from a dealer). But you can find USED stuff on Craigslist or at a dealer for a lot cheaper. The Exmark Lazer Z is in my opinion the best ZTR mower out there. Most the professionals have it in my area. Here is the specific Lazer Z website: The Lazer Z from Exmark Manufacturing - The Evolution Continues.
Good luck, ask any questions that you have, and tell us what you decide! :smile:

scott47429

Threads
if your looking for a great commercial mower check out the Exmark Lazer Z for sure i have one and love it bought it used for half the price

A_tank96

Threads
Any specific brands your looking for? What kind of terrain do you have? Do you have a gate or something that would limit deck size? How much would you like to spend?

Tindal

Threads
Check out Husky MZ6128 i have one and it cuts great and fast . 3400 commercial hydro gear drives.and around 5000.00 its hard to beat. I also got the mulck kit and it looks like you vaccumed the lawn.

ksgrassguy

Threads
I think I would like to the the exmark laser z e-series I have no more than 1.5 acres of grass to mow
How much do one of those cost and also what accessories do you think I need if there is any?

thanks in advance

Threads
I think I would like to the the exmark laser z e-series I have no more than 1.5 acres of grass to mow
How much do one of those cost and also what accessories do you think I need if there is any?

thanks in advance

Like I said in response to your question on this thread: http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/exmark-forum/10081-exmark-2.html#post84506, if you want to buy new it will be around $10,000. If you want used it could around $5,000-$6,000. Which which were you thinking? About accessories, the only thing might be a grass bagger if you want to bag leaves in the fall (if trees drop their leaves in Kansas, I don't know!). You can look at accessories here: http://exmark.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProductType=79&TypeOfProduct=mower&Type=Options. The mower that is for sale on Craigslist...I am not sure if it is a Lazer Z E-series, so you will have to see which parts you can put on it (http://topeka.craigslist.org/grd/3310863586.html).

ksgrassguy

Threads
thanks so much for all your help.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads

thanks in advance

ksgrassguy,
About the only way you can get a price on a new Exmark is to go to one of your local dealers website and request a quote. The Exmark, by all means, is a high-quality ZTR but IMHO the new ones are way over-priced. Like user lawn mower fanatic pointed out, you'll most likely be looking at somewhere between $8,000-$10,000 for any of the Exmarks new. There are a lot of very good commercial-quality(and high-end residential) ZTR's out there for several thousand dollars less than an Exmark if you look. Like already mentioned, the Husqvarna's and Toro's both have some very nice machines and of course about anyone on these forums will tell you to buy the brand they have because most of us that have purchased a ZTR recently love ours(me included). I bought my new Gravely Pro-Turn 52" commercial ZTR mid-September, paid around $1,000 less than the MSRP and like I said "several" thousand dollars less than a new Exmark. I also considered Toros, Bad Boys, Dixons, Hustlers and Husqvarnas when I was looking. Below is a link to the Gravely website and you can actually get MSRP pricing from a local dealer online there. I would recommend that you look at several(at least 3 or 4) different ZTR's and see what kind of deal your local dealers will give you on each(this time of year you can get a good bargain on a brand new one, like I did). Also, compare warranties and deck construction as well as servicable trannies(like the HydroGear ZT3400 mentioned) which indicates "commercial" quality. Good luck on your investment(I, like you, wanted to buy the "last lawn mower" before I retired).

Zero Turn Mowers, Riding Lawn Mowers, Commercial Mowers

Threads
I agree with djdicetn...and also, consider demo-ing some mowers to see how they handle and what you like.
Good luck! :smile: