New to me 13ag601h729 in good condition but neglected.

ritalz

Threads
  • / New to me 13ag601h729 in good condition but neglected.
The 63" belt is too short. I can force it onto the pulleys but there is no slack at all to disengage the blades. Still cannot find any data to give me the correct length to buy. Trying to decide on the next length to try, leaning towards a 65" but not sure.

ritalz

Threads
Found it. The belt I'm looking for is the 68.25" by .63". I kept calling it the deck belt but the diagrams list it as the PTO belt. You had it right but I couldn't see it. Thanks

ritalz

Threads
Spent some time over the past couple of days doing some small things. Oil and filter, adjusted the valves, air in the tires, rubbed some plastic restorer on some parts, tried buffing out some of the sun fade and oxidation, a little paint touch up and some general cleaning. Still waiting on the new belt to arrive. One big thing left to do is the seat. The old cover is split in several places and the foam is questionable. Considering a new aftermarket seat but that will have to wait a bit. Not sure if or how the seat comes apart to do some repair work instead of new.

Forest#2

Threads
The length spec of lawn tractor v -belts is the OD of the belt.

You can take a piece of string and measure the length of the old broken belt.
I also keep a upholstery cloth tape measure handy (from wal mart sewing section for about $3) and BEFORE installing a new belt I measure the OD with the upholstery tape. I've found lots of new belts that are not the length specified when ordered.
When replacing v belts I measure the OD length of the old belt in use and compare it to the part number length and then measure the new belt length when received. At the price of V-belts it saves $$'s to keep a constant heads up.
While the belt if off is a good time to check the pulley and spindle bearings to make sure they are Ok.
A owners manual surfaced over at sears parts direct at this link.
You might want to investigate such. I seen couple other downloads but I did not view them.
Also you need to keep a heads up about that type drive (variator type)requires that both drive belts be replaced as a set to get proper drive travel. I did not read the manual but this is usually so with that type drive.
Link at sears parts direct.
click on manual and then the 769-01XXXX

Last edited:

ritalz

Threads
New belt is installed and seems to engage the blades properly. Next up is going to be the spindles. The noise level is very high when the blades are turning. I'll take the belts off the pulleys and spin each spindle and pulley till I find the culprit. Maybe just plan on some new bearings while I'm spending time on this one. Anyone know the specs of the spindle bearings?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Should be 6204-2RS bearings if I remember correctly.

ritalz

Threads
Pulled the spindles off today and yes the bearings are growling. The numbers on the old bearings do indeed match as stated above. This should make quite a difference in noise levels when I get it back together.

ritalz

Threads
Got it all back together today and everything seems to fine. The muffler is shot so the motor makes more noise than the deck. Probably won't do anything about that. Blades are chewed up some so I ground some material from the opposite ends to balance them a bit. Next big thing is to work on the seat. Lookin pretty good. I should take some pictures of my work.

ritalz

Threads
Finally got around to taking a few pics.

Attachments

• smaller.jpg
    smaller.jpg
    593.7 KB · Views: 8