New to Forum

choatecav

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just bought my eXmark Pioneer 52" zero turn and decided to join this forum.

Never owned a zero turn mower and will be learning a lot over next few weeks and I hope to also learn from this forum.

thanks,

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
:welcome:

I you are new to ZTR's a little trick I worked out a while back is to use your off ( left usually ) hand to control the speed and your right hand to do all the steering.
This will prevent you tossing violent 360's on the front lawn and digging up 1/2 your yard the first time you mow.

I service mowers so have to ba able to handle mowers with vastly different handleing characteristics and found this to be the easiest method till you develope the muscle memory of where your hands should be to get the mower to go where you want it to .

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
:welcome:

Congrats on your first zero turn mower!

choatecav

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you both.
Bert in my two mowings so far I started getting the feel of exactly what you are saying. At first w every move I moved both handles but but trip two I realized that I could keep one stable and just move the other.
Thanks

DaveTN

Threads
Welcome to LMF! You should've seen me on my first Zero turn Cub Cadet
last week. If you had a video you could've posted it on line and got many
laughs. It takes some getting used to let me tell you. It was a STEEP
learning curve but I didn't run through any flower beds or ram into anything. :laughing:

choatecav

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ha, yes I am discovering that the zero turn mower can humble even the most veteran mower. After about an hour, I was feeling pretty cocky and was mowing on a slope........... In the flick of an eye, I had turned down hill and slid into a fence. Thank goodness I had a good, strong four-wheeler and pulled it out. Slopes are the toughest for me.