New to forum

Irrivirsible

Threads
Hi,

I have an older Ariens self propelled lawnmower with a Tecumseh engine. Probably 20 years old or more. Usually I take great care of my equipment but not so with this. Right now the feature that stops the engine when releasing the bail does not work, needs multiple adjustments, the filter cover on those pops off and I need a new one of those. Needs a new spark plug. I think that might be the original, I don't recall ever changing it but maybe it was at some time. Still runs good. I originally had a huge area to mow and the layout required a self propelled mower. I moved back in 2001 and have a very small flat yard. I would like to get something that is lighter and more maneuverable as I am getting older. To be honest with what I got to mow I could probably buy the cheapest mower available and have it last a long time. I don't need or want self propelled. That being the situation I was thinking that Troy-Bilt TB110 (199.99) or what I am thinking might be the better choice the Cub Cadet SC 100 (249.99). For slightly more I could buy a Toro but not sure it is really an improvement over those in that price range. I like quality and can afford more but I just don't see that it will be worth it under the circumstances. Would appreciate any advice or opinions on this. Thanks.