new Raptor sd 54

chevitz

Threads
Hi I am new to the forum, I recently put a deposit on a 2014 raptor sd 54 and my question is, should i ask about the recall, and possibly have them deal with it before i pick up my new mower? I guess my question is did all 2014 Raptor sd's have the clutch rattle?

MRCo.

Threads
I'm at home so I don't haven't in front of me, but there is a serial number break after which the issue was fixed. Make sure it's after that or have them do the fix. FYI, none of the units I sold had the rattle, and we're pre-fix. Not all did it.

Tomster

Threads
I bought the same mower last fall and was told all the problems were fixed. I haven't had an issue yet.

JohnCardin

Threads
Hi I am new to the forum, I recently put a deposit on a 2014 raptor sd 54 and my question is, should i ask about the recall, and possibly have them deal with it before i pick up my new mower? I guess my question is did all 2014 Raptor sd's have the clutch rattle?

Hopefully you have your mower by now but if you don't I wouldn't worry about the recall. I got mine back in May of 2014 and they had fixed the issue from the factory by then.

chevitz

Threads
I haven't got it yet, just talked to them this morning and ordered the engine guard and the heat shield. they are delivering my raptor some time next week (depends on when the parts come in)
It doesn't really matter anyways, my grass isn't growing yet. I probably wont need to mow till mid to late april.

MRCo.

Threads
Congrats! The engine guard really makes it look good, don't it?

chevitz

Threads
thanks, and yes i really like the look with the engine guard too.

JohnCardin

Threads
The pic's look nice! Have you looked to see if the choke/throttle cables rub on the guard? You may want to verify as I had mine rub a little of the paint off after just a few hours. I put some cut rubber hose on the hot spots to keep the noise down.