Buying Advice New push mower

Threads
0-550 dollars tops

OK than the Honda HRX's are out of the question unless you can get a deal on one. I think that would be worth looking into. But the HRR's are in your budget. I would say look at the HRR216VYA. It is at the top of your budget (for my mower I payed less than the MSRP on the Honda website). But I think it is worth it. It has the Roto-Stop system, where you can stop the blades and still have the engine running. That is a great feature! If you don't want that awesome feature, than look at the HRR216VKA. It is the same as the VYA, just without the Roto-Stop. All of the HRR mowers have the Smart Drive.
HRR roto-stop.jpg In this picture you can see the Smart Drive on the top, and the Roto-Stop system in the red circle.

Honda Lawn Mowers - HRX HRR HRC HRS Mowers

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
If you are looking for the best cut and built tough spend the extra $$ and get a snapper.
Snapper push mowers have always been the best cutting mowers.

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
What self propelled push mower should I buy

First thing I'd have to ask is how are you going to be using it? Commercial or Residential use and IMO buying anything with less than a 190cc motor is a waste of money.

Threads
First thing I'd have to ask is how are you going to be using it? Commercial or Residential use and IMO buying anything with less than a 190cc motor is a waste of money.

I agree, but that means it will cost more money, and he doesn't have a huge budget. :frown: That is why I first suggested the Honda HRX with the GCV190 engine.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I agree, but that means it will cost more money, and he doesn't have a huge budget. :frown: That is why I first suggested the Honda HRX with the GCV190 engine.

You can buy some mowers like the Husqvarna HD 775HW with the 190cc motors for $389 and the HD 725 $419 and John Deere with a 190cc motor and there are some others I'm sure. For Home owner use they would be fine and there all good mowers, your just not paying for a big name. I mean you know me, I'm a Honda Fan and always have been but there GCV 160cc is the biggest piece of junk they ever put on the market.

Threads
You can buy some mowers like the Husqvarna HD 775HW with the 190cc motors for $389 and the HD 725 $419 and John Deere with a 190cc motor and there are some others I'm sure. For Home owner use they would be fine and there all good mowers, your just not paying for a big name.

True, but you have to balance power with durability. Sometimes you can't expect a $389 mower to last as long as a $800, even if they both have powerful engines! And he has a business so he would be using it more than once a week.