New Owner

Manfred

Threads
Just bought a Cub Cadet CC 30H. Have just less than an acre with lots of trees. First time owner of a riding mower. Plan on getting the bagger attachment. Look forward to learning how to best use and prolong the life of this mower.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
1.Max revs all the time. Provides max cooling and max oil lubrication. Never idle down.
2.Change the oil every mow for the first 5 mows. Get all that break in metal out. Oil is cheap. Walmart Supertech SAE 30 is SG rated. Full of zinc for extreme wear help..
3.Leave the air filter ALONE until she starts to run poorly. As in she needs a coupe extra revolutions to fire off. Little low on power output. THEN change the air filter.
4.If you have or can get, install a foam pre air filter and oil it up. Do everything you can to stop any grit from getting inside the engine.
5.Never shake out the air filter or blow out with compressed air. Leave it alone until she gets low on power. Why? Once you remove the filter you break the sub par seal. None seal 100%. On some I grease the outer edge to stop grit from getting inside into the rings.
6.Keep the blades sharp and balanced.
7.Yearly, in yours and every other engine manual out there, clean the cooling fins and check valve clearance. Both of these only take a couple minutes in the fall or early spring.
8.No power washing. Clean her with a leaf blower or compressed air. Used paint brush, what ever......
9.Tire pressure check is a must for level cutting.
10.Pull the battery in the fall. Take inside and connect a Battery Tender. Reinstall in the spring after all freezing is gone. Battery will last a whole lot longer.
11.Turtle wax the paint.
12.Slather your used engine oil to the under side of the deck in the fall, done for the season. Keep the deck from rotting out.
13.Download the mower and engine manuals for your machine. READ them several times.

Manfred

Threads
Thank you! Have the manual - but the new mower did not come with a key. Waiting on that. Will save your list.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thank you! Have the manual - but the new mower did not come with a key. Waiting on that. Will save your list.
WTF, what else is it missing? Look the little fella over real well.

Manfred

Threads
I did check it out. Oil level is good. Mulch kit is installed.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
What engine?

Most Kawasaki's and Honda's, you remove the stick and park it on top of the tube to check the level.

Most Briggs you screw all the way in. Heads up on this. Add it to your list.

Manfred

Threads
Cub Cadet is sending me a key. I called Home Depot to let them know how unhappy I was with this entire situation. They gave be a partial refund that was LARGE. Helps me pay for the bagger. All in all, it's fine.

Manfred

Threads
Key arrived today. Put gas in it. It started right up. Took it for a spin in the yard (little less than an acre) - bounced around a bit. Works well. Have identified air filters and oil filters. Bagger should be available Thursday.

Manfred

Threads
Bagger attached. Spent on hour this evening seeing how well it sucks up the clippings. Does good. Cub Cadet 1.jpgCub Cadet 2.jpg