New Old Stock Model 226 52"

M42duster

Forum Newbie
Threads
Been looking for a new ZT. My local dealer says he has a new old stock Grasshopper 226 in a 52" cut. He mentioned it was little over 3 years old.

I haven't laid eye on it yet, but I imagine it's been outside, but unsure. He said he's willing to lose $ on it. They also have another 226 with a 60 ish inch deck.

He will let it go for $6k. That's well below it's new price. The original warranty will take effect once it's sold. My question is...would it be wise to buy it. If I did, I'd definitely change all the fluid. I imagine it's been started and moved around more than once.

I'd like to have it. Not sure an age related issue would surface and cost me a fortune. I mow a flat 2 acre yard. I appreciate any input.

blacktruck

Forum Newbie
Threads
If I were seriously in the market for one, I would buy it if it is the specs I wanted. Probably a substantial savings to you and with a new warranty in effect. No real downside I can see to this deal.

M42duster

Forum Newbie
Threads
If I were seriously in the market for one, I would buy it if it is the specs I wanted. Probably a substantial savings to you and with a new warranty in effect. No real downside I can see to this deal.
Thanks,

I'm looking at it tomorrow. I know it's sat outside for minimum of 3 years. I'm either grabbing it or the Bobcat ZT2000 48 or Gravely ZTHD 48.