New mower break-in?

mlmartin

Threads
Any advice, other than RTFM, about breaking in a new mower? I just purchased a Cub Cadet 1046VT and the 0.3 hours on it was driving it home. If it stops raining, I will be able to start mowing.

Matthew

indypower

Threads
Run it the way you intend to use it. Run at full throttle when mowing. After you have the recomended hours on it, change the oil to Synthetic. Much better lubrication, better protection, and you don't need to change it any where near as often. I use it in my truck and change the oil every 12,000 miles.

JayC

Threads
Any advice, other than RTFM, about breaking in a new mower? I just purchased a Cub Cadet 1046VT and the 0.3 hours on it was driving it home. If it stops raining, I will be able to start mowing.

There are a few race-motor break-in tricks that I always do - heat cycling to seat bearings, then a ring seating procedure that generally squeaks out a little more HP over more conventional "soft" break-in methods. However, since you already put 0.3 hours on it, all of that is moot. At this point, just drive it like you're mowing grass.

JayC