New Member in search of New Mower

BrewCrew

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've been using the Cub Cadet Zero Turn 364 which was fine but the stamped deck has finally rusted through dropping my middle blade and spindle. The mower itself only has 225 hours so I am trying to determine the best resolution......fix or buy? I really want to step up to a commercial mower with a welded steel deck and have been looking at new and used everything from Ferris, Bobcat, Dixie Chopper, Toro, Husquvarna, Exmark, Bad Boy, Dixon, etc. I'd really like to find a used, low hour machine around 50" but would go larger or smaller to get a better deal. Craigslist seems to be the best place to look but I haven't yet found the right deal. I'm looking to spend up to $5000 which is less than the MSRP of most of the these brands commercial series. Any input is appreciated.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I've been using the Cub Cadet Zero Turn 364 which was fine but the stamped deck has finally rusted through dropping my middle blade and spindle. The mower itself only has 225 hours so I am trying to determine the best resolution......fix or buy? I really want to step up to a commercial mower with a welded steel deck and have been looking at new and used everything from Ferris, Bobcat, Dixie Chopper, Toro, Husquvarna, Exmark, Bad Boy, Dixon, etc. I'd really like to find a used, low hour machine around 50" but would go larger or smaller to get a better deal. Craigslist seems to be the best place to look but I haven't yet found the right deal. I'm looking to spend up to $5000 which is less than the MSRP of most of the these brands commercial series. Any input is appreciated.

How old is the cub?
If the rest of the mower is good I would get a new deck.
You can get a fab deck for it.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

Why would you want to go to a commercial mower? You could get into a high end residential unit like the Hustler Raptor SD for around 4000$.

Hustler Turf - Mowers - Residential - Raptor SD

BrewCrew

Forum Newbie
Threads
I appreciate the input. I visited the Cub Cadet dealer yesterday and they no longer sell the deck for my current 360 ZT mower so it is no longer an option to fix it. Based on the advice, I've looked closely at the Hustler SD. It is now carried by both Lowe's and Home Depot and while I think the 54" ($3999) is more in line with what I need, the 60" ($4499) has some features that would be nice to have (upgraded seat, engine surround protection, 24 vs 23 HP Kawasaki). In addition, I believe both stores will honor the 10% discount for either military or seniors and home delivery is included.
The only other mower that I want to see before I commit is the Dixon ZTR Ultra 52" which will be @ $4500 as well. While it has the same Kawasaki FR730V 24HP as the Hustler 60", the transmission, (ZT 3400) vs. the Hustler (2800), is upgraded.