New kid in the yard

PHobbs

Forum Newbie
Threads
My Gravely 1534 Mini ZTR has finally gotten tired of constantly having to fulfill it's maximum potential ( I like to run full tilt) and has dropped the clutch. It has been in service for 7 tears, and I have replaced everything on it at least once, excluding the Kohler engine and the deck. To replace the clutch means a sizeable outlay of cash, and I'm wondering if it's worth it. Am looking to go to a larger/better/bigger cut mower, and have been looking at the Big Dog. Any Advice?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
WELCOME to these Forums...

Big Dog is made by Excel Industries, the same place makes Hustler mowers... You will Love it. :smile:KennyV

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome to LawnWorld!

I moved your thread to the Mower Buying & Pricing forum. :smile:

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
My Gravely 1534 Mini ZTR has finally gotten tired of constantly having to fulfill it's maximum potential ( I like to run full tilt) and has dropped the clutch. It has been in service for 7 tears, and I have replaced everything on it at least once, excluding the Kohler engine and the deck. To replace the clutch means a sizeable outlay of cash, and I'm wondering if it's worth it. Am looking to go to a larger/better/bigger cut mower, and have been looking at the Big Dog. Any Advice?

How much area are you mowing(which may have contributed to all the necessary repairs over 7 years and the early demise of your Gravely)??? How much are you wanting to spend?? The Big Dog R-Series(high-end Residential) only come in a 48" deck or bigger and the A-Series(mid-level Residential) goes down to a 36" deck. Both have the HydroGear ZT-3100 trannies, but of course the R-Series is built tougher all-around than the A-Series, costs more and probably has a better designed deck with a better cut. Have you considered upgrading to a heavier duty Gravely(ZT-HD or Pro-Turn) depending on the demands of what you are mowing. Give us some details(i.e. if you are mowing 2-3 acres, you may be lucky the 1534 lasted 7 years) and we'll try to give you some solid advice.

edd

Threads
i own 2 big dogs [ r-754 and 1060 diablo ] they are well built and i think i have found a brand to stick with. low center of gravity ,large rear tires, just good value for the price.....other good ones out there ...demoed a bobcat and they are quality built but i got the most mower for the money with big dog