New Ford Atlas Pickup

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
I understand the idea about always doing payments and not putting a cent in repairs.

Honestly, at about 500$/months, that is 6000$/year. Add on taxes, and expensive insurance (you must insure both ways and when you are young, prices are outrageous). That is a lot of money! I don't put that much money on my truck every year! Not many do I think. If you maintain the thing well it will cost a bit, but not 6000$ per year! Unless you do sabotage maybe you can spend 6000$/year. Also, you don't own the truck. You just rent to own. That isn't a good feeling to me.

But, if this makes you happy, that is fine.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I understand the idea about always doing payments and not putting a cent in repairs.

Honestly, at about 500$/months, that is 6000$/year. Add on taxes, and expensive insurance (you must insure both ways and when you are young, prices are outrageous). That is a lot of money! I don't put that much money on my truck every year! Not many do I think. If you maintain the thing well it will cost a bit, but not 6000$ per year! Unless you do sabotage maybe you can spend 6000$/year. Also, you don't own the truck. You just rent to own. That isn't a good feeling to me.

Ya I've put maybe $1500 into my truck including oil changes over the last 4 years

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

The money your talking about is a lot of money I agree but anyone who owns a car or truck that's less than four years old is likely making payments and young or old the prices are outrageous. You say I don't own the vehicle, well guess what I don't own the BMW either, I also don't own my house either and gosh I don't even own my Toro Z Master mower, there all owned by banks, CU or a finance company and I'd guess that the majority of people in this country live the same way.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I just don't get the need for a new truck. For doing lawn care.

My Dodge Durango has made me a lot of money.
I have $2500 in it the past 2 years.
That includes buying it and maintenance.
New tires 3 months ago.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
The money your talking about is a lot of money I agree but anyone who owns a car or truck that's less than four years old is likely making payments and young or old the prices are outrageous. You say I don't own the vehicle, well guess what I don't own the BMW either, I also don't own my house either and gosh I don't even own my Toro Z Master mower, there all owned by banks, CU or a finance company and I'd guess that the majority of people in this country live the same way.

You have kids ric? When you die you leave them nothing if you don't own. You will leave whomever a lot of debt. That's a gross American consumerism way to live you don't even aspire to own anything. Which means you have nothing you live an illusion of success congratulations

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
That economical crisis that happened. Part of it was because of some people living in debt. They just lived off payments. They lived paycheck after paycheck.

Companies need capital to roll. No cash = bankrupcy can occur. I have nothing against payments, but there are limits to putting everything on payments.

Ric, use your common sense here. Not many pay a house cash. So, that arugment is irrational.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
You have kids ric? When you die you leave them nothing if you don't own. You will leave whomever a lot of debt. That's a gross American consumerism way to live you don't even aspire to own anything. Which means you have nothing you live an illusion of success congratulations

I don't worry about the kids because I have life insurance for each of them, they'll be in good shape. Besides there better off than me. My kids are in there 40's and I have grand-kids and great grand-kids.

That economical crisis that happened. Part of it was because of some people living in debt. They just lived off payments. They lived paycheck after paycheck.

Companies need capital to roll. No cash = bankrupcy can occur. I have nothing against payments, but there are limits to putting everything on payments.

Ric, use your common sense here. Not many pay a house cash. So, that arugment is irrational.

I think the greatest majority of people of this country live in or with some type of debt and your right not many people will pay for a house with cash nor will they pay for a 50 or 60K for a vehicle with cash, that was my point. If you haven't heard most of the middle class in this country along with the lower class live at or below the poverty line and from paycheck to paycheck and finance everything they own because they have no choice.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
I know the middle class is struggling. I see it. Also the high class is in danger. Some make good money and buy nice cars, boat, house, cottage, clothes, etc. Once they get to retirement, they have nothing but a pile of bills until they die. I am not talking about everyone, but some really need to get there finances straight. I try to pay the most cash. But, if I need to do payments, I'll do it. You need to spend some to make some.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I just don't get the need for a new truck. For doing lawn care.

My Dodge Durango has made me a lot of money.
I have $2500 in it the past 2 years.
That includes buying it and maintenance.
New tires 3 months ago.

Yes I think more like this, all a vehicle is to me is independence and transportation. I do my own repairs and when I am done with a vehicle its ready for the salvage yard and that is from NY rust, not from needing repairs. Only different is my vehicle's has never made me money but always cost me money.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I even buy my bikes used. Got this for my wife. $1500
image-1519960697.png