New deck

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a four-stroke, self-propelled (belt driven) Lawn Boy. I really like it, and it cuts well. But, the deck is shot - and it needs a re-ring job.

I have seen several decks on ebay (mine is the steel deck). But, the ones that are the naked deck don't seem to have accomodations for the self-propelled feature. How hard is it to modify it to make it work (with torches, grinders, etc.)? Or will that weaken the deck? Is it a special deck unto itself?

Will a two-stroke deck work with a four-stroke engine?

Also - how close is Kawasaki green to Lawn Boy green? on my mower, they seem the same.........

Thanks in advance.....:smile:

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Steel deck, 4.5 HP, model# 10302, serial# 6910703

Lawn-Boy Dealers and mass merchant retail outlets, including Sears, Lowe's and the Home Depot, sold these mowers from January 1997 through November 1998 for between $280 and $400.

Attachments

• 99045.jpg
    99045.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

hankthecrank

Threads
I have a four-stroke, self-propelled (belt driven) Lawn Boy. I really like it, and it cuts well. But, the deck is shot - and it needs a re-ring job.

I have seen several decks on ebay (mine is the steel deck). But, the ones that are the naked deck don't seem to have accomodations for the self-propelled feature. How hard is it to modify it to make it work (with torches, grinders, etc.)? Or will that weaken the deck? Is it a special deck unto itself?

Will a two-stroke deck work with a four-stroke engine?

Also - how close is Kawasaki green to Lawn Boy green? on my mower, they seem the same.........

Thanks in advance.....:smile:

As far as modifying a deck that it up to you and your mechanical abilities and tool access, as far as the 2 cycle deck if the right one is found it will work, use this link and then enter the model number you have then you can do a cross refernce to see what will work for you, https://lookup3.toro.com/partdex/index.cfm?xCaller=LawnBoy. As far as color that is up to you and your eyes, but the closest match out there as far as a rattle can in Grabber Green, that is available from several different manufacturers.

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just bought a 10301 'silver series' (which mine is, too) deck (the two-stroke version of mine, but the 4-stroke mounting holes are there, too) on ebay. She'll be going by the summer! Thanks for the help. :thumbsup:

Can't seem to find the Grabber Green you're talking about. Is it Rustoleum? Krylon? Generic?

Thanks again.

hankthecrank

Threads

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
10302 pics

HTC - I just ordered 2 cans of what you suggested. Hope it's right........

Here's the 'before' pics:

Attachments

• DSCF0717.JPG
    DSCF0717.JPG
    190.9 KB · Views: 13
  • DSCF0718.JPG
    DSCF0718.JPG
    175.8 KB · Views: 8
  • DSCF0719.JPG
    DSCF0719.JPG
    183.4 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCF0720.JPG