New carb???

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
View attachment 42939
this is ebay pic and i just noticed there is a plug in the pic where i have a screw. they dont even send the actual carb that is in their ad. thats funny. i did remove the main jet and it is spotless. its new, why not? hole is open. i drilled out my jet on old carb 2 yrs ago and it runs the same as before. i think the new jet is #74-75? certainly smaller than my old jet is.View attachment 42940
this is pic of my old carb. the huayi model. you can see the plug on the left side. my screw has a tension spring also for the screw.
pic shows my magic tool box. i am kinda a mad scientist. i work on various auto projects all the time. yes i know the float bowl is askew. i removed it and reseated it properly

There is no such thing as scrap from Chinese factories.
So the carbs that one customer rejects for being defective gets sold to another customer.
Eventually all of these end up being sold to people who are too cheap for their own good by retailers who pedal rubbish to people via Ebay & Amazon.
SHowing a photo of a different carb to the one they are selling should be a good clue as to the integrity of the vendor.
GO back to their ebay shop and hit the "other items" link.
If you see 10,000 products from condoms through to truck gearboxes then you have been sucked in by a defective product retailer.
Go back and give them some negative feed back

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Hey IL Engine ........ I don't see a broken screw on his carb ....... Unless you are talking about the black idle screw on top holding down the idle port jet......

That's another thing that should come out and get a damn good cleaning.... As much as sneaux blowers set up the idle jets get gummed up and sometimes the only way to get em right is to take a thumb bit and ream it out ........

Plus Tard ............

The idle screw is broken off Bou.
Look between the mounting flange lugs.

Cavell

Threads
fyi when i ran motor 2 days ago i did notice a little blackish exhaust at idle
where my old carb never seemed to do that.
maybe new carb is just too rich for this motor?
new jet is smaller than jet in old carb. new carb should be leaner?
why did the motor run perfect for 1/2 hr with new carb?
this is a pic i found that shows the screw on the left that i have
and now runs so-so and seems to be running rich?
maxresdefault.jpg

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Don’t know if you have checked to see if the idle jet is open in both directions. The idle jet is located under the idle speed screw, which is the screw with the D slot. Remove this screw and then pry up on the black plastic jet housing. The size of this jet should be approximately .017 inches. If it is to big, could be the cause of rich mixture and if to small or clogged, could be the cause of hard starting.

Cavell

Threads
i did remove the idle jet on the old carb and i dont recall it being .017 in size. is this port aligned in any direction or does the fuel actually flow around the body? i have never seen any info that says this jet needs to be aligned east-west or north south so i assume not

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
There is a horizontal hole through the jet body and a vertical hole going up, which is the actual jet, and should be about .017. Can only be installed one way, when fully seated. I have found this jet will clog when fuel is allowed to sit n the carb for an extended period of time.

Cavell

Threads
C6BEAC66-DE42-46EF-976B-97E4E1610CFB.jpgThe pilot mixture screw was turned out 4+ turns. I set it to 2 turns and motor started on 1st crank. After I adjusted the plastic spacer cover

Cavell

Threads
found this similar motor on CL. $95. has good recoil. my recoil is broke and costs $25

00T0T_k5VKULADBp9_600x450.jpg