Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / New bobcat zt2000 mower deck very noisy dealer put new belt still noisy
Anyone else have this issue

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Remove the belt. Spin everything with your hand that the belt drove. If you hear a faint or obvious growling sound, replacement time.

Jjhuff

Forum Newbie
Threads
I only have 18 hrs on mower it’s second belt dealer says it where they join the belt there is a bump on all belts

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I only have 18 hrs on mower it’s second belt dealer says it where they join the belt there is a bump on all belts
Listen to what @slomo said. Whether it has 18 hours or 180 hours, there could be a bad pulley or bad spindle. Don’t rely on what someone is telling you. You need to put your hands and eyes on the pulleys and spindles.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
One can wreck a mower in 2 seconds. Hour meters are a waste of money YOU paid for. Doesn't help one bit in getting the grass cut. Change the oil and clean the cooling fins yearly. Doesn't get any easier.

We get people on here that don't walk the yard like old timers did and wonder why their new $19,000 0-turn doesn't cut grass. They just hit a pipe or log chain in the yard. See, doesn't take long to trash a mower.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
When Cub brought out there steering wheel ZTR I replaced the spindle bearings on 2 that were less than a month old
Both took them to the dealer and both were quoted $ 120 for the repair
The reason is a poor deck design coupled with an even worse deck wash out system and no proper instructions in ow to use it
SO the water they washed the deck with got into the bearings and trashed them in 2 to 3 mows

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I even had idler pulley bearings that had only one rough spot to cause belts to snap.

Jjhuff

Forum Newbie
Threads
One can wreck a mower in 2 seconds. Hour meters are a waste of money YOU paid for. Doesn't help one bit in getting the grass cut. Change the oil and clean the cooling fins yearly. Doesn't get any easier.

We get people on here that don't walk the yard like old timers did and wonder why their new $19,000 0-turn doesn't cut grass. They just hit a pipe or log chain in the yard. See, doesn't take long to trash a mower.

Jjhuff

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes I need to look at it myself very disappointed in this new 5400dollar mower I need to check it out myself I maintained my last mower a simplicity for 16 years until it finally died dealer not any help solving this problem I’ll look at mower pulleys spindles everything and see if I find anything?

RayMcD

Threads
Right, and that is causes you a noisy deck, Dude you need to get a better dealer. r