New 2023 Gravely 52 ztx.

L454S

Threads
Picked up a new Gravely ZT X52 today. Model 918011 with the 23hp Kawasaki. Am giving my 10 yr. old Hustler SD54 to my son. This is a really different machine than the Hustler.

I cut some today getting used to this machine. It is a lot different, but very comfortable and cuts great. Very strong outflow of grass from the chute, I assume due to the high lift blades and X-Factor deck design.

Glad to answer any ?s and post pics.

L454S

Threads
Was disappointed that this machine did not have the deck transport lock lever. You have to up to the ZT HD model to get that option.

The mount is there, just no lever. If you have a curb, or other high spot to go over(like going into my garage), this item is a must. I got used to it on my Hustler.

I found that you could add this to the ZT X, takes about 10 seconds to install. It does cost $55 though. In the parts manual, you can check your model number to see if it is for your machine. the part number is 71800600
71800600-kit-transport-lock-main.png

doughoag

Forum Newbie
Threads
I bought the 48" version due to a fence gate limitation. I've only had it a short time, so the verdict is still out on whether it was a good choice or not. There some things I really like about it. As you mentioned, it is a comfortable machine to mow on and a pretty efficient cutter. I'm apprehensive about the small spindles and blades compared to my old Cub Z-Force. Additionally, I'm not thrilled with the rear framework. I installed the factory hitch and I'm hoping it's strong enough to manage my leaf vacuum.

L454S

Threads
Works very well, just put your right foot down all the way and it locks the deck full up for moving the mower around, even with uneven surfaces.
To release, right foot down and right hand touch the release tab.....thumbnail_IMG_0205.jpgthumbnail_IMG_0206.jpg

doughoag

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks! I looked at my mower yesterday and noticed that the provisions were in place for one of these. Somewhat disappointing that Gravely doesn't include it as standard equipment.

efred

Threads
"I cut some today getting used to this machine. It is a lot different, but very comfortable and cuts great."

I understand: I borrowed my friend's Dixon Kodiak, and it was frightening to mow, at first. I told him it was like shaving with a chainsaw, but by the time I finished, it was like shaving with a machete. I'm used to skid steers, which generally pivot on the front wheels, where the mower steers on the tires behind me. And the Dixon does not automatically center the control levers when releasing them. For a hydrostat-drive, it behaves more like a belt-drive skid steer.

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
"I cut some today getting used to this machine. It is a lot different, but very comfortable and cuts great."

I understand: I borrowed my friend's Dixon Kodiak, and it was frightening to mow, at first. I told him it was like shaving with a chainsaw, but by the time I finished, it was like shaving with a machete. I'm used to skid steers, which generally pivot on the front wheels, where the mower steers on the tires behind me. And the Dixon does not automatically center the control levers when releasing them. For a hydrostat-drive, it behaves more like a belt-drive skid steer.
Gravely makes good equipment. Ariens is the residential version (same company).