Neighbors?

bret

Threads
What do you think of your neighbors? Are they good, bad, do you speak, fight. I have 2 that I am uncertain about, one seems too particular for our area and the other really keeps to himself.

Driller

Threads
We aren't close to any of them. A couple have been here forever; a couple are new. There is one that are friendly but questionable. I say that because they've shown some immaturity and I think they smoke marijuana and stuff. They are very nice, though.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I seem to be lucky in that I have some very good neighbors...
If I were spacing them out, I would keep them all, just spread them out over a few more miles... :smile:KennyV

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I seem to be lucky in that I have some very good neighbors...
If I were spacing them out, I would keep them all, just spread them out over a few more miles... :smile:KennyV

For the first 16 years I lived here, I barely knew any of them because the houses near us were so distant, then the last few years, five new homes have been built nearby, one within shouting distance of us. That house belongs to a young policeman and his teacher wife, they have three kids, and you couldn't have better neighbors...the second most distant new house is owned by a medical tech representative and his live in girlfriend, the third most distant is a young mortgage broker, his wife, and four kids, the fourth most distant is a university K9 cop and his wife and 3 kids, the final home most distant is a retired teacher and his wife, who care for their elderly parents. Everyone is on great terms and always welcome in everyone else's home, and since I plow the driveways in the winter, I get invited to all the yard parties in the summertime. I feel very fortunate to have such good neighbors, more so because when I lived in town the older woman next door was the neighborhood busybody....:eek:

bret

Threads
It is always good to have good neighbors, the ones that if you needed to you could borrow a cup of sugar or a quart of milk, you always see that in old movies, lol.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
It is always good to have good neighbors, the ones that if you needed to you could borrow a cup of sugar or a quart of milk, you always see that in old movies, lol.

I am nearing my sixth decade, never have to ask my neighbors for ANYTHING. Their last three requests of us were: A box of dry firewood for the teacher's class, 2 quarts of canned tomatoes for chili (deer camp) and a foot of gas line hose and clamps for a rider mower. The nearest store that sells stuff is five miles distant so they tend to ask me "do you have this, or that..." I am always glad to help out.

173abn

Threads
I've got one neighabor,a young couple and they are selling out.He was layed off and they just had a baby.I'll hate to see them go. russ

touree

Threads
I have several neighbors; they all mind their own business except one lady. She looked so friendly at first but she is the gossiping type. Everyone now seems to keep off her tracks, except that she has a really pretty daughter.

mois25

Threads
You know how the old adage goes like, 'God gave us relatives but thankfully, we can choose our neighbors.'

If you have good neighbors, go ahead and make friendships. If not consider shifting like I am doing it two days' time.

Driller

Threads
I do have to say that our neighbors pretty much leave one another alone, or maybe it's just us. We know names and wave hello here and there, but there isn't a lot of buddy buddy stuff.