Need to buy ztm which blade drive belt latest a long time

tbpowers

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Need to buy ztm which blade drive belt latest a long time
Greetings to the group!

I currently have a 2548 husquvarna non-ztm. I'm 75 years old and my daughter cuts our 2 acres. To keep the sand burrs under control she cut the grass VERY short. I have to put on a new blade drive belt every month or two. The 10 year old Husquvarna broke another drive belt tonight. I need a new ztm which won't keep braking blade drive belts. I would like to buy a ferris is700z or a snapper pro 200 but don't know about belt breakage when mowing so short. If anyone knows what is the best mower belt drive system I would like to know. I'm sick of changing belts. My thanks to the group, nice to be aboard.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
the main thing is making sure all the pulleys and deck bearing are in good shape. Other than that there isn't much that can be done due to having to mower so short, to control those Illinois River sand burrs. Mowing that short puts a lot of extra strain and wear on various mower parts. And 25 hp isn't a weak engine so it will smoke the belts before killing the engine.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you are cutting very short then consider a reel mower.
Much better in the less than 1" area.
Down side is they do not like eating sticks & stones.
Down here old professional reels go for a song perticularly when the rells are getting a bit out of kilter.
However for 2 acres an old fairway or even a greens mower will do your lawns much better than any rotary.