Walk behind Need replacement engine

buddy1

Forum Newbie
Threads
I need to replace the engine on my troy bilt 12av565q711. Do I have to replace it with the Honda that's on there now or can I use a Briggs and Stratton since Troy Bilt uses both? Also have never done this so any advice would be really appreciated.

Threads
I need to replace the engine on my troy bilt 12av565q711. Do I have to replace it with the Honda that's on there now or can I use a Briggs and Stratton since Troy Bilt uses both? Also have never done this so any advice would be really appreciated.

I would think it would be ok just check that everything hooks up correctly like the Honda thats on there now fuel line, wiring harness, pulley that drives the belts, etc. What happened to the Honda thats on there?

buddy1

Forum Newbie
Threads
I would think it would be ok just check that everything hooks up correctly like the Honda thats on there now fuel line, wiring harness, pulley that drives the belts, etc. What happened to the Honda thats on there?
Thanks. It looks like it would probably work but I did find another Honda engine so am going to go back with that. Don't know what happened to the other one. Just started smoking and locked up. Engine shop said it couldn't be repaired.