Need Nikki carb help

belair gregg

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well how is this then? Which is it? How then could you "confirm" that the choke and throttle butterflies are operating as they should? We would like to help, but the questions should at least make a little sense.....

I wonder if the throttle butterfly would be restricted if I had over torqued the carb mounting studs and nuts? I can only verify the butterfly action when the bolts and nuts are loose. I'm not feeling any resistance in the throttle cable however.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hold up I think the bigger issue is the crack in the block... And Jb weld is not a permanent solution and could lead to bigger problems.

belair gregg

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hold up I think the bigger issue is the crack in the block... And Jb weld is not a permanent solution and could lead to bigger problems.
Please elaborate. The epoxy is holding for now and I don't have the cash for a new motor. If I can't get the carb situation resolved it's a moot point anyway.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Please elaborate. The epoxy is holding for now and I don't have the cash for a new motor. If I can't get the carb situation resolved it's a moot point anyway.

You don't need a new engine. It can be welded. Now as far as the carburetor go's I will stay out of that being I don't under stand why the engine speed can't be controlled if the throttle butterfly is working OK. Maybe a vacuum leak?? It has to be getting fuel and air from some place? It looks like repair shop time to me!!!

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads

I think a proper weld needs to be in place the Jb weld will not hold for very long its a good temporary fix however. Guess it'll work until you get the other issues worked out. I would follow the fuel start at the tank make sure the tube isn't blocked next is fuel lines and filter then the fuel pump if equipped. Then check carb is getting fuel spin the engine a few times see if the carb is delivering fuel. If not delivering fuel problem is in carb if it is the problem lies elsewhere