Need help identifying Kawi part

Bicklebok

Threads
This part (see pic)fell out of somewhere inside the block of my Kawasaki FH580V as I was cleaning it during a rebuild. ANy idea what it is and where it goes? Thanks!

Attachments

• unknown part.JPG
    unknown part.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 19

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Are you sure it came from the block. To me it looks like an oil seal, which goes around one of the valves in the cylinder head. Also, could be the oil seal around the governor shaft. Post all your engine numbers and I'll find a parts illustration so you can see what part is missing.

Bicklebok

Threads
Are you sure it came from the block. To me it looks like an oil seal, which goes around one of the valves in the cylinder head. Also, could be the oil seal around the governor shaft. Post all your engine numbers and I'll find a parts illustration so you can see what part is missing.

Rivet,

it looks very similar to the valve seals, but thats not it. It's a little larger and made of a different material; either metal or a hard plastic.

Unfortunately the decal with all the model numbers is missing off the engine. But I think all the FH580v engines will be pretty much the same internally. I have looked at schematics and cant find it.

Thank you for your help and any other help you want to provide. Im at the point now of just bolting the engine back together and crossing my fingers

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Have you check that you have a seal around the governor shaft?