Need help identifying a Briggs & Stratton carburetor

cd161

Forum Newbie
Threads
I purchased some surplus inventory from a repair shop that closed down.

One of the items is a B&S carb - made by Nikki - but there's no box or any other info indicating the B&S part number.

I'm trying to somehow figure out the part number so I can determine compatible engines. I've called Briggs & Stratton, but they couldn't help. The Nikki part number doesn't correlate to a particular B&S part, apparently.

It looks like it could be B&S 591734, but there are several other similar looking carbs, as well.

I've attached some photos - I will greatly appreciate any help anyone can provide!

IMG_1130.jpgIMG_1131.jpgIMG_1132.jpgIMG_1133.jpgIMG_1139.jpg

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
Go to Jacks small engines and find Briggs carb listings, there are three or four possible candidates that are similar to your carb in question.

cd161

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello again - Just checking-in to see if anyone had any more insight into this carb.

I've attached a photo of the choke plate - I can't seem to find a match to this anywhere.

If anyone can ID this carburetor I would greatly appreciate it!

IMG_1316.jpg

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
It APPEARS to be the same type carb used on MANY Briggs Single cylinder OHV engines Other member on this site that are dealers and retired mechs. will know know more than I do ...I have that similar carb on 2 of my mowers ( both 17.5 HP ) I noticed all the pertinent numbers on the top of the carb.... have you researched those .??