MZ-t arrived today

740jsmayle

Threads
They delivered my MZ-t 61 this morning. It took me about an hour to go over the mower and learn the controls. I couldn't wait to try it out and I was really impressed. My yard used to take 4-5 hrs but with the zero turn I was only out there an hour and half. I think I'm going to like i wasn't sure before it arrived.

740jsmayle

Threads
Yesterday was great today not so . Under my zero turn was a puddle of oil. The right drive pump was covered. Oil still on full?? Wiped it clean drove around house pump had a whine. Looked at it and oil all over pump it also looked like it was coming out the overflow. Called the dealer they said a tech would come look at it. I responded with when he comes he better bring a new MZ-t 61 with him. They said they would call in the morning. Just my luck I get the dud.

JDsLawnCare

Threads
Thats really unfortunate. Hopefully everything gets squared away for you.

740jsmayle

Threads
Service mgr and a tech came today. Took a look and said they had never saw fluid come out the overflow like mine was. They drained the fluid and said it was over filled .After reassembling we drove it around for about a half hour and it did not leak any fluid. I guess problem solved. they did have another zero turn on the truck if mine would have had a major problem.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Service mgr and a tech came today. Took a look and said they had never saw fluid come out the overflow like mine was. They drained the fluid and said it was over filled .After reassembling we drove it around for about a half hour and it did not leak any fluid. I guess problem solved. they did have another zero turn on the truck if mine would have had a major problem.
This is a prime example of why we advise users to buy from dealers versus a big box store!!! Glad your dealer responded quickly and sounds like a simple fluke when the ZTR was assembled and fluids added. You should still keep a close eye on that right tranny for the first 25 hours or so. If you had bought that ZTR at Lowes, etc. you would not have received the same after-the-sale service!!!

P.S.
Fluid level adjustments post-delivery are not uncommon. I had to top up my hydro tranny reservoirs after I had about 10 hours on my Gravely.

740jsmayle

Threads
Dealer support was a major factor in not buying it for $500 less online. They told me they would stand behind what they sell. I was a little sceptical but now I'm a believer.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Dealer support was a major factor in not buying it for $500 less online. They told me they would stand behind what they sell. I was a little sceptical but now I'm a believer.

I wish more users that are shopping BBS and online for "deals" would read this thread!!! We don't recommend buying from a dealer just because we did....or because dealers will be the lowest price....or because dealers are our friend or just nice guys:0)
Whenever you are spending THOUSANDS of dollars on a piece of equipment, just the comfort of knowing that if something bad happens(like it did with you), the dealer will take care of it and the peace of mind that brings is worth way more than $500. I'm certain you agree. Enjoy that M-ZT 61, you have purchased a quality machine and I'm certain that dealer will help you any way he can to keep it like new for many, many years to come.

P.S.
As minor as your problem turned out to be, if you had purchased online you would have been responsible for contacting Husqvarna, getting directed to an authorized repair center(probably the same dealer), had to transport the ZTR for repairs, been put in a long line of others awaiting warranty service who were not "customers" of the dealer and waited your turn. That one experience would have made the $500 online discount seem pretty lame:0(

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Even if you buy from a dealer still check all fluids. Oh and tires psi. I got my cub cadet from a dealer with 32PSI in the rear tires. And one blade on upside down.

Went in and told the owner. He was not happy. He made the guy that assembles them come talk to me and gave me a set of blades and first oil change free. I still go there when I need a part NOW.

740jsmayle

Threads
I agree with you both. Other than that small problem this mower is great

edd

Threads
i am looking at the mzt 52 ......looks solid......one concern i have are the spindles are small......wonder how they would hold up over time