Threads
Here is my latest project

$(KGrHqJ,!loF!TZGYireBQhGkh8yB!~~48_20.JPG

$(KGrHqVHJC0FC!PN+sveBQhGklhheQ~~48_20.JPG

$(KGrHqN,!qkF!9sbiB!kBQhGkzWv,w~~48_20.JPG

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hey, Bubba (BTW, what are you doing way up North with a name like that? :laughing: )

That's a great find... thanks for posting the pictures. Please let us know how it comes along. Does it run now?

bubbasmithson

Threads
lol im not sure how i got it. But i have had it since grade 7. It currently doesn't run, i am just trying to decide whether i should just clean it up and use it or completely overall it.

Any suggestions will be appreciated. It is missing a few parts.

$T2eC16hHJHoE9n3KhV7(BQhGkuZGlg~~48_20.JPG

turfboy1997

Threads
lol im not sure how i got it. But i have had it since grade 7. It currently doesn't run, i am just trying to decide whether i should just clean it up and use it or completely overall it.

Any suggestions will be appreciated. It is missing a few parts.

$T2eC16hHJHoE9n3KhV7(BQhGkuZGlg~~48_20.JPG

Completely Overhaul! That machine is worthy! plenty of parts on ebay, but the shipping may be an issue on some stuff being in Canada.

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
What does it need? Does it have good compression?

You have got a fine (and pretty rare, I think) machine.

Here's a photo of the "Hevi-Duti" :laughing: label on my 1977 model 6255.

LB-6255-04.jpg

Before buying anything expensive on eBay, I'd look around locally. There may be some scrap yard with a bunch of old mowers sitting around.

bubbasmithson

Threads
i haven't really looked anything over yet. I think a complete overall would be best also. But i did a quick search for parts and ebay doesn't come up with much. Is there somewhere else i should be trying? I am not to worried about shipping as a i have PO box just across the border.

also how would i find the year out? if i had to guess i would say 73 or 74?

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
i haven't really looked anything over yet. I think a complete overall would be best also. But i did a quick search for parts and ebay doesn't come up with much. Is there somewhere else i should be trying? I am not to worried about shipping as a i have PO box just across the border.

also how would i find the year out? if i had to guess i would say 73 or 74?

According to partstree.com, that model was made in '73 and '74 but the serial number on your mower doesn't have enough digits (I think it's a Canadian thing) so I can't tell for sure.

I'm 99% sure that it's a D-series engine... if that helps.

robinb66

Threads
its d400 series from what i can tell from the pic of the side view of the cylinder:thumbsup::biggrin::rolleyes:

Fireman 123

Threads
Man that's a rare gem you have on your hands. Too bad the deck has that bad spot. I'd say she's seen her share of grass, and then some. It may take a lot to get it back in good shape, but on the bright side, there's some guys on MTF that collect the commercials. Yours being a brick top (maybe a C engine), shouldn't be any trouble to sell, or part out to someone over there. Good luck with it!

bubbasmithson

Threads
couple more images

IMG_2760.jpg

IMG_2759.jpg

do you think i should source parts out for the mower, or part it out since the deck is in bad shape?