My new Snapper SR1433

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Nope - pulleys are all fine - It needs an idler with spring (to absorb any slack) on that long side.
JRs Brother in Law got this 33" for him and he would not tell him to take it back -- The dealer also made us both angry with his attitude. A quick look and "it's normal" :mad: :thumbdown: IDIOT !

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Nope - pulleys are all fine - It needs an idler with spring (to absorb any slack) on that long side.
JRs Brother in Law got this 33" for him and he would not tell him to take it back -- The dealer also made us both angry with his attitude. A quick look and "it's normal" :mad: :thumbdown: IDIOT !

That, unfortunately, seems to be the M.O. of Snapper dealers. You can get Snappers used for dirt here because nobody wants to deal with our a-hole dealer. He's the only game within a 50-mile radius, though! He won't be bothered to order parts for you. He makes me mad, too.

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Okay, it's a 2007. Model is not what it says on the steering column -"SR1433". Model # is 331415BVE. Found the parts manual for it.

Here's some more pics:

Attachments

• DSCF0722.JPG
    DSCF0722.JPG
    260.7 KB · Views: 28
  • DSCF0723.JPG
    DSCF0723.JPG
    128.8 KB · Views: 18
  • DSCF0724.JPG
    DSCF0724.JPG
    236.5 KB · Views: 15
  • DSCF0725.JPG
    DSCF0725.JPG
    194.1 KB · Views: 18
  • DSCF0726.JPG
    DSCF0726.JPG
    198.6 KB · Views: 20
  • DSCF0732.JPG
    DSCF0732.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 8
  • DSCF0736.JPG
    DSCF0736.JPG
    170.6 KB · Views: 16

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just ordered a bunch of decals and a battrery box cover for it....so the resto should look nice! :cool:

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
BK, you are exactly right....it shakes like a b*tch when the deck is on. It feels like a out- of - balance blade. I will find the answer to this, and definately let you know how to fix it....it just ain't right, IMHO.

I will tell you this much, it is for sure NOT the belt doing this...........the shake is way too strong for it to be a belt. Something in the whole system is unbalanced. Again, will let you know.

Perhaps that's why the original owner ditched this barely 4-year-old machine for a JD (and the dealer told me FOUR TIMES this thing is AS IS NO WARANTY).......the screws for the belt cover are missing, as if they were shaken out....which I can believe.....

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
I took the Blade off JRs machine and tried it without the blade -- still shook - checked blade balance and it was fine. I hope you have good luck solving the problem - I'm glad it does not belong to me - I would have told the dealer what to do with it and where to put it ! Let me know !
BK, you are exactly right....it shakes like a b*tch when the deck is on. It feels like a out- of - balance blade. I will find the answer to this, and definately let you know how to fix it....it just ain't right, IMHO.

I will tell you this much, it is for sure NOT the belt doing this...........the shake is way too strong for it to be a belt. Something in the whole system is unbalanced. Again, will let you know.

Last edited:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads

Wrong type of blade, or very unbalanced blade would be my first thought. Not sure what else would cause such a vibration. Keep us posted.

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
This has developed into quite a detective story.:wink:

Since you know that it only vibrates when the blade is engaged you can narrow it down to the parts that spin in that case -- but don't overlook any parts. If a shaft is slightly bent it could cause vibrations -- for example.

How many moving parts are we talking about?

Please keep us posted, twall. Sorry I don't know anything about this model. I've never had a riding lawnmower of any kind.:eek:

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
This has developed into quite a detective story.:wink:

Since you know that it only vibrates when the blade is engaged you can narrow it down to the parts that spin in that case -- but don't overlook any parts. If a shaft is slightly bent it could cause vibrations -- for example.

How many moving parts are we talking about?

Please keep us posted, twall. Sorry I don't know anything about this model. I've never had a riding lawnmower of any kind.:eek:

I'm going to take some of my machinist tools into this thing....:wink: I can check the TIR (toal indicated runout) of every part in the system. All we are talking about is the blade shaft (and the associated blade mount/pulley), the engagement idler , and the engine pulley. I will check them all. Obviously, this is a common problem. Something has got to be outa whack. I can also face off the blade mounting plate within thousandths of 90 degrees. This is a 33" blade.....the slightest thing being off will really magnify itself with that large of a blade.

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
I hope you find the problem - The pully system is different on the new 33" from the older 28" The older system had an adjustable idler pulley with spring tension and this one does not. I don't know why they changed the design, but am glad to know it isn't just his machine.