My New Mower!

Fireman 123

Threads
My father-in-law has a long, steep bank that he has to weed eat. Every now and then, I take a LB and make about 3 passes and its done. I have to hold the handle good to keep it from turning over, but the 2 cycle doesn't skip a beat!

turfboy1997

Threads
A Lawn Boy isn't the mower for someone that wants to do nothing more than pull a rope, and cut grass.
However, if you enjoy working on small engines as a hobby, like getting all kinds of looks as you mow your lawn (and a great cut they produce), and appreciate the craftsmanship and quality of days gone by, you can't find a better product. For the guys here still using the old Lawnboys, how many other guys on your street, or neighborhood still are?

And they were made 100% in the USA till toro (messed them up) bought them! Just saying

turfboy1997

Threads
The EPA and Toro are the reason that i am doing what i do with restoring lawn boys! i want to keep as many of them going as i can, and i love doing it as a hobby. I think they got a bad rap and i think its all a bunch of political bull crap because we still have all these other kinds of 2 stroke equipment still being produced such as weedeaters, chainsaws ect..... ok i am done with my soapbox for the day!

turfboy1997

Threads
Crazy thing! I was just watching the film "Adventureland" ,and James was using an F-series when Freego came up and punched him in the nuts !!

I went and watched the clip from the movie and it is an f series lawn boy! In fact it looks like the same model as scotts he posted today!

cutty1998

Threads
There have been several threads about two-stroke vs four-stroke and you can guess where I come down on that issue. :laughing:

Somebody mentioned cutting 1' tall grass. The ultimate mower for that kind of job is a Suzuki-powered Toro (two-stroke). I think it's actually overpowered for mowing "lawns". I use it as a cross between a field mower and a regular lawn mower.

toro-1.jpg
Whoa! That thing is bad to the bone ! Wicked. Never knew Toros had any nuts at all! I like Kawasaki Engines,but have only used them on Scagg Commercial mower.I know Other small walk behind mowers use them too ,but they are very expensive.

cutty1998

Threads
I went and watched the clip from the movie and it is an f series lawn boy! In fact it looks like the same model as scotts he posted today!
I love that movie. I wonder who decided to put that Mower in the film. James had mentioned that he was a "Lawn boy ",taking care of a neighbor's lawn for like 2 years ,so he would have needed a solid mower ! There is a cool looking LB on Ebay now that is completely restored ,5HP ,2-stroke. don't know how good they were Lawn Boy M21ZPRC M Series 2 Cycle Push Mower Restored Magnesium Deck 5 0 HP | eBay and look at this !! Lawn Boy Cast Aluminum Walk Behind Push Mower Mulcher 1013707 | eBay & Lawnboy 2 Cycle Mower Model 5247 19 inch Aluminum Deck F100 Engine | eBay & Vintage 1983 Lawn Boy 8240AE Electric Start Self Propel 2 Stroke Alum Deck | eBay

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
Whoa! That thing is bad to the bone ! Wicked. Never knew Toros had any nuts at all! I like Kawasaki Engines,but have only used them on Scagg Commercial mower.I know Other small walk behind mowers use them too ,but they are very expensive.

It's a Suzuki engine. I might add that I used it a lot over the weekend. There's lots of semi-field areas at my place in Cleburne Co. And almost all of it is on steep grades that preclude using a four-stroke.

cutty1998

Threads
It's a Suzuki engine. I might add that I used it a lot over the weekend. There's lots of semi-field areas at my place in Cleburne Co. And almost all of it is on steep grades that preclude using a four-stroke.
Yes ,I saw that it was a Suzuki engine .I have never seen one of those(Suzuki engine) on a mower. I owned several Yamaha RD400 2 stroke twin Street bikes when I was younger. They were too much fun. I think it would be neat to yank the muffler off ,& put an expansion chamber on a 2 stroke mower to hear it wing!! ,like the ones those kids put on their Go-peds. I guess it would be annoying after a while ,but crazy anyway.I wonder if anyone out there has done that.

cutty1998

Threads
And they were made 100% in the USA till toro (messed them up) bought them! Just saying
I agree with you 100% I know even my Dura force mowers were Green Toros,as is my new mower. I have used the old Commercial Lawn Boy mowers back in the 80's with the Huge Fuel tank ,and the gaurd around the engine ,they were light ,even with that huge tank ,and unstoppable.

turfboy1997

Threads
Hey cutty check these out! Refurbed these this summer!

image-951953727.jpg

Attachments

• image-820781173.jpg
    image-820781173.jpg
    560.4 KB · Views: 31