My New 2015 F- 150

Lawn Addict
Threads
My Dad liked fords, but I gotta stick to my Chevy's. In spite of anything posted after this. :laughing:

2 of my friends have Dodges slightly older ones, but both Diesels, one a dually /crew cab. They can pull anything, one has over 340,000 miles on his.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I'd still never buy a Ford, regardless of #1 sales for years now. Respectfully dodge has been the #1 longest lasting truck in North America, witch I believe and can stand behind my 22 year old ram.

My 85 ramcharger will still out pull most new trucks. Original 360 still running strong.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
My 85 ramcharger will still out pull most new trucks. Original 360 still running strong.

With the Hp and torque from yesteryear or 85 matched against today's HP and Torque I seriously doubt it would out pull anything. They made the Dodge Ram 1500 Eco diesel so they could claim the best miles per gallon and really it didn't prove anything because everybody knows you get better fuel consumption with diesel than gas.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
With the Hp and torque from yesteryear or 85 matched against today's HP and Torque I seriously doubt it would out pull anything. They made the Dodge Ram 1500 Eco diesel so they could claim the best miles per gallon and really it didn't prove anything because everybody knows you get better fuel consumption with diesel than gas.

I guarantee it can out pull your new ford.

Gas mileage is the last thing I look at when buying a truck. 4x4 is a must.
My Durango gets maybe 12 on a good day. Bought for the looks and pulling power.

My bike gets 50 mpg bought it because of looks and power.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I guarantee it can out pull your new ford.

Gas mileage is the last thing I look at when buying a truck. 4x4 is a must.
My Durango gets maybe 12 on a good day. Bought for the looks and pulling power.

My bike gets 50 mpg bought it because of looks and power.

If your running a 85 Ram you'll have to go along ways cause that 360 doesn't come close.

Ram EcoDiesel - Fuel Economy, Power & Efficiency

Last edited:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Talking about the fuel economy of the Dodge Eco diesel the Ford with the 5.0L Ti-VCT V8 offers the CNG/Propane Gaseous Engine Prep Package so you can choose between alternative fuel or gas at the flip of a switch. Don't know about the economy part but it supposedly runs cheaper than gas.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I'd still never buy a Ford, regardless of #1 sales for years now. Respectfully dodge has been the #1 longest lasting truck in North America, which I believe and can stand behind my 22 year old ram.

Actually the longest lasting truck in America is the Ford F 250 Super Duty follow by the Chevy Silverado 2500 HD. When you start talking about the longest lasting vehicle or trucks people always will say the F-150 or Chevy Silverado 1500 because of there popularity but it isn't so.