My 111H has separate hydraulic fluid and transmission reserviors. How to fill?

svejkovat

Threads
  • / My 111H has separate hydraulic fluid and transmission reserviors. How to fill?
This url ID's the transaxle as Eaton using 2.25 qts. Of hyd fluid for the pump, or gear oil for the drive?

TractorData.com John Deere 111H tractor transmission information

The only pic I could find online is this one....
View attachment 378876

My transmission is similar. Mine has shorter axles and the transmission housing is about the same size as the pump, but otherwise the setup is the same. The under-seat filler cap belongs to the pump. That takes 20wt hydraulic fluid or JD Hy-Gard. It is NOT the transmission fill as most owners believe.

The transmission gears are filled from a hex cap on top of the gear housing. This gear-body, identified by a riveted on tag, is a Peerless model 1319. It takes anything from 20-30wt xmission fluid, JD Hy-Gard, 30wt or 10w30 motor oil, or 90wt gear oil (from the tech department at Peerless kind enough to answer all my questions). The hex head filler cap is impossible to get to without removing the entire body. I'd like to tilt the mower on its side and just fill from the drain hole. But I need to know exactly what the capacity is. Peerless was not able to help me since he had very limited info on the model no and the capacities vary according to how JD set up the unit (to share fluid or not, and with which exact pump model).

My manual mentions nothing at all about this. Anyone have a tech manual on these older 111H's?

Any help?