Murray gets a new trans

Mwh0428

Threads
I have a 1996 Murray lawnmower with a six speed trans and I have a craftsman with a four speed in it. The trans in the Murray has a bushing that's been wore out and it wore into the housing. The transaxles are both a Tecumseh peerless. Is there a way I can take the parts from the six speed and put them on the four speed to make it a six speed or not. Here are some pics so far.

Attachments

• image-965961060.png
    image-965961060.png
    907.6 KB · Views: 31

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a 1996 Murray lawnmower with a six speed trans and I have a craftsman with a four speed in it. The trans in the Murray has a bushing that's been wore out and it wore into the housing. The transaxles are both a Tecumseh peerless. Is there a way I can take the parts from the six speed and put them on the four speed to make it a six speed or not. Here are some pics so far.
I have no idea if that could be accomplished. But, even if it was possible it would be more trouble than it would be worth to me since I have found 5th and 6th gears are virtually worthless other than possibly riding to the mailbox. I'd be for switching the complete transmission.

Mwh0428

Threads
I have a four speed and a six speed but the bushing on the left side wore out and it wore into the housing.

Mwh0428

Threads
Mwh0428 said:
I have a four speed and a six speed but the bushing on the left side wore out and it wore into the housing.

the six speed has the wore out bushing.

handirifle

Threads
I say take the tranny case apart, and have the case machined to accept a new, larger bushing and put it back together.

Mwh0428

Threads
I already got the other trans on it less work and money.

Sent from my iPod touch using LMF