Mulching

Bomba

Threads
My Exmark Pioneer 60" has recently started to leave "clumps" of grass sitting on top of my lawn after I mow. I have the mulch kit on it and it is only 40 hours old. I have not sharpened my blades yet. Should I do so? I use it for home use only. I bought an impact wrench yesterday, so maybe today I can finally get the blades off.

timtractor

Threads
First I would see if there is any build up underneath the deck. Any restriction of the grass from moving out of the deck could create the clump because the grass can't get got of the deck as quickly.

Bomba

Threads
First I would see if there is any build up underneath the deck. Any restriction of the grass from moving out of the deck could create the clump because the grass can't get got of the deck as quickly.

Deck is cleared and clean. Would the fact that I've been using 100% Gasoline lately (87 octane) have something to do with it?

Kodie's Lawn Service

Threads
I would say the gas has nothing to do with it I would take an clean the deck all the way off maybe with a presser washer or a good wire brush then if you see bare metal paint it so u don't have to worry about rust later down the road take you blades off and sharpen them sharp blades mean a lot on a mower and I would possibly buy mulching blades if you are mulch all season :thumbsup:

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
My Exmark Pioneer 60" has recently started to leave "clumps" of grass sitting on top of my lawn after I mow. I have the mulch kit on it and it is only 40 hours old. I have not sharpened my blades yet. Should I do so? I use it for home use only. I bought an impact wrench yesterday, so maybe today I can finally get the blades off.

Ground speed? And engine speed. If your blades aren't chipped to hell. And deck is clean that would be what I would consider

Bomba

Threads
Thanks guys for your advice. It's got to be the blades. Initially when I bought the mower the blades took some beating with hickory nuts and debris. There are some nicks on the blades. The deck is virtually spotless.

Bomba

Threads
I have a mulch kit on it with mulch blades. I just bought new blades last week. I'll put them on tomorrow.