MTD Yardman HE 4160

baza1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi Guys
Hoping to find some help please, I have the above machine which has just been fitted with a new electromagnetic clutch. Unfortunately the blades refuse to operate now, although it was working ok until the clutch packed up.

Cannot seem to find a manual or in depth wiring diagram for this machine, guess it's now too old, although it is only just 10 years old.

Anyway have done a temporary wire direct from the battery to the clutch and you can hear it operate. Changed the relay, fuse (although it look fine anyway) also bought a new PTO switch, still does not operate the blades.

Now today having gone back to it to see if I can find anything obvious, the engine does not now turn over, where it was before, I can turn the key from off to ignition and then start and NOTHING.

I've tried sitting on the seat, having the park brake both on and off, raised and lowered the deck, but all to no avail, any thought please, not sure what to do next.

Thanks for reading

Barry

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Check the reverse inhibit circuit for shorts.

1715458553908.png

baza1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi
Many thanks for the suggestion, Can you tell me where about that reverse switch is please, as I appear to have the solenoid under the bodywork/seat and there appears to be a cable going to terminal under the seat framework rail on the right hand side.

However I see there is also a lead and terminal on the side of the gearbox housing behind the black cover shielding the gear linkage?

Many thanks anyway for the thoughts on this one, as it would not even turn over yesterday, then after several attempts and manually moving the mower it did start, stopped and then would not even turn over again.

Driving me mad

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Wish I could but this is European model and I am in the North America area so they are not present here. I tried finding an owners manual. All I can tell you is however you it in reverse there should a switch somewhere along that linkage.