MTD Grill Repair

Dirtysailor

Forum Newbie
Threads
Looking for advice on the repair of the grill on my MTD. New part is $100.25. Attached is the schematic of what I want to repair. The grill (Item 10) is plastic and has broke:thumbdown: causing the hood to sag. I have all the hardware and bar but need to fix the grill so things are supported right. I have tried JB Weld and it worked for a while and has rebroke. Any advice? I have thought about building a frame inside the grill.

Attachments

• MTD diagram.gif
    MTD diagram.gif
    34.7 KB · Views: 35

Dirtysailor

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well I made the repair this weekend by building a frame with angle iron and flat bar then getting longer bolts and mounting the frame inside the grill. Took some grinding on my homemade frame, but went ok with the little 110V mig welder (read cheap). So now more redneck mower without a hood on it. :biggrin: Now I just have to keep the wife off of it b/c she really tears stuff up.

MrSeanK

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm having exactly the same problem. $81 is the cheapest I've found the grill for and that is silly.

Could you post some pictures of your repair? I'm going to have to figure something out... I'd like to keep the look and remaining grill, but will need to do something. :)

Sean