Mowing carabao grass

cohen

Threads
There's carabao grass in around 1 acre of land. Terrain isn't flat. Sort of wavy. What's the best lawn mower type for this kind of grass and terrain?

951023_f520.jpg

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
wow that looks like very moist tender grass..:thumbsup: It should mulch up into almost a paste....
I think any type mower should be able to lift and cut that type grass.. Looks SOFT...:smile:KennyV

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
A carabao is a water buffalo, this grass is also refered to as "buffalo grass". It's very common in Texas.
Any mower will work, so if you have the time, keeping it low will make the grass fill in and resemble carpet in good conditions (lots of rain) and help keep out weeds and other grasses. It uses stolens, or runs, like bermuda grass. This means it will like to run into places you may not want it, like your driveway or mulch beds. A grass like this will actually cover a sidewalk or stepping stone if allowed to do so. If your not gonig to cut it low I would base my mower choice on something other than this type of grass, you can cut it with any mower.