Mowing 3 inch offset with push/self propel mower

lewb

Threads
Just saw this technique on a youtube video, basically when you offset the tire track you are not mowing the grass that has been laid down. You lose some cutting capacity but gain a more uniform looking cut. One note is if you have a LB with a staggered deck your offset will be more like 5 inches one of the rounds going back and forth. I think the most of the commercial guys already use this technique not well know in the homeowner mowing realm.

Last edited:

Jack17

Threads
I'm trying to picture this but...I can't! :anyone:

Bod

Threads
Just saw this technique on a youtube video, basically when you offset the tire track you are not mowing the grass that has been laid down. You lose some cutting capacity but gain a more uniform looking cut. One note is if you have a LB with a staggered deck your offset will be more like 5 inches one of the rounds going back and forth. I think the most of the commercial guys already use this technique not well know in the homeowner mowing realm.

Can you paste the link to that video for us?

Bod

Threads
Ah! I try to do that. Depends on how lazy I am. :)

Jack17

Threads
I do my edging with 30" rider (three passes in each direction) and finish the rest with 50" ZTR. Don't use trimmer at all.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The best "trimmer" I ever found for solid edgine like paths & curbs was a hover mower,
Swing it off the path onto the lawn and it will lift up the runners then chop them off in a nice line,