Mower deck Mower deck won't go up and down with pedal on ZT2352 Colt

kent5757

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Mower deck won't go up and down with pedal on ZT2352 Colt
Just purchased mower (ZT2352T) at auction, appears to be a 2004(?) Starts and runs smooth, but cannot raise and lower the deck with the foot pedal. Pedal is very hard to push, cannot even get it in the transport position. I removed the mowing height pin, and it just sits there. I can force it up and down by prying and stepping on the deck. I did grease it, had to replace a couple of zerks. Don't know if it ever had been greased. Mower has 170 hours on it, and looks great. Looking forward to using it, if I can get the deck to cooperate. Any suggestions?

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just purchased mower (ZT2352T) at auction, appears to be a 2004(?) Starts and runs smooth, but cannot raise and lower the deck with the foot pedal. Pedal is very hard to push, cannot even get it in the transport position. I removed the mowing height pin, and it just sits there. I can force it up and down by prying and stepping on the deck. I did grease it, had to replace a couple of zerks. Don't know if it ever had been greased. Mower has 170 hours on it, and looks great. Looking forward to using it, if I can get the deck to cooperate. Any suggestions?

I have no idea, but mybe some pictures would help. Since it's a "Simplicity" I'm thinkin it can't be too "complicated"......HA!:rolleyes:
Sorry couldn't resist. At least you got a response...eh?

kent5757

Forum Newbie
Threads
After using a few choice words in the garage trying to loosen this deck up, I appreciated the humor, or should I say your attempt......... :rolleyes:

Jetblast

Threads
If you don't hear of a common smoking gun on this problem, it might be worth looking at this diagram to see if any of the parts or pivot points highlighted by darker depiction are are bent or seized.

Parts and Diagrams for Simplicity ZT2352T - COLT, Zero-Turn, 23HP KOH w/52" Mower Deck

You might have to get the machine up in the air a bit with some combination of jacks, ramps, and jackstands, but the problem should reveal itself. Nice deal if you can borrow someone to push on the pedal while you look. Don't put your head under anything if that person is named in your will.

kent5757

Forum Newbie
Threads
Started disecting the deck piece by piece. Found the back pivots frozen up, appears to be the smoking guns. Now I just have to figure out how to get the roll pins out. Another engineering fete.
Those that engineers them, ought to have to work on them. Thanks for your suggestions and the diagram. Have to get the pivots loosened up so I can go mow those weeds, and hit the golf course!!:biggrin:

Jetblast

Threads
No roll pin is gonna beat you, man.:cool: Thanks for the followup.

kent5757

Forum Newbie
Threads
After several nights of PB Blaster and Kroil and prying and beating, I can now raise and lower the deck with the foot operator. Patience won out on this adventure. Did not have to remove that hidden roll pin.:thumbsup: