Mower deck tilted

geoff

Threads
I have a 9361 mower deck. I noticed yesterday that the deck is not level. The left side appears and measures lower than right side by almost an inch! The deck mount arms are in the same location on each side. I just replaced the two front wheels on the deck with the no-flat tires. I can't say for sure the deck was level prior to replacing the wheels but if it was I hadn't noticed it. This unit is equipped with the traction control kit if that makes a difference in any recommendations I am not sure exactly what purpose the traction control serves but it seems as if it could play a part in the height of each side. Any suggestions? Thanks

Geoff

noma

Threads
Hi Geoff

Did you put the same size wheels on the deck that was on there, set one of the old wheels by the new one and see if the height is the same?:smile:

geoff

Threads
I can check that but even if they were not the same size as the ones that I took off, as long as both new wheels were the same size as each other, there shouldn't be a tilt from one side to the other...right? The reason I ended up replacing them was that one of the old front tires had a puncture in it and wasn't holding air-- in retrospect, I am now thinking that side is now the high side making me wonder if, by that tire being low due to the puncture, made the deck even and now that I have two new no-air tires, the difference in the deck heightnis now apparent..

Geoff

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
...The left side appears and measures lower than right side by almost an inch! The deck mount arms are in the same location on each side.

Geoff

Regardless of where the mounting hardware indicates... If the deck OR blades are not level... make the necessary adjustments.
It would be nice if everything remained symmetrical to accomplish this... But the only thing all that adjustment is for, is to give you the ability to get the cut level... So I would first check if something was bent/broken or out of line... If I couldn't locate the cause, I would simply make the necessary adjustment. :smile:KennyV

geoff

Threads
Resolution: KennyV was correct about the adjustment... the adjustable arm on the left side needed to be shortened which pushed the wheel down further and after a few minor adjustments, its level. It was so out of level right after I installed the new solid deck wheels, that I thought something must have broken. In retrospect, I think it only appeared level because the front right tire on the mowing deck was low on air lowering it in comparison to the other side, and when the new solid tires were installed, the true slant of the deck was suddenly apparent.. but its all fixed now.. thanks again

Geoff