Mower deck Mower deck came loose.

still1306

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Ferris IS2500 z with a 61" deck. Today while mowing somehow the deck came loose. It was the left side rear that came loose. The chain was not broke and was still there. It didn't move because you could tell that it had never been moved. I couldn't tell anything on it except there is 4 brackets on the mower that raise and lower the deck that 4 chains connect to. One end connects to the deck and the other end of each chain connects to these brackets that look like an "L" shaped bracket. All of these brackets except the one on the left rear had the bottom of the "L" in a horizontal position that kept the bracket and the chain pretty much straight up and down with where it mounts on the deck. I checked the torsion bars and the springs and they all seemed to be in working order. It got too dark to work on it and I looked at the parts manual and found that on each side there is some sort of adjustable eye bolt on each side for the rear. Could the one on the left rear have stripped out a little and not brought the "L" bracket all the way up to the correct height to hold? Any suggestions? Anyone have this problems before? Thanks for any help in advance.

still1306

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Ferris IS2500 z with a 61" deck. Today while mowing somehow the deck came loose. It was the left side rear that came loose. The chain was not broke and was still there. It didn't move because you could tell that it had never been moved. I couldn't tell anything on it except there is 4 brackets on the mower that raise and lower the deck that 4 chains connect to. One end connects to the deck and the other end of each chain connects to these brackets that look like an "L" shaped bracket. All of these brackets except the one on the left rear had the bottom of the "L" in a horizontal position that kept the bracket and the chain pretty much straight up and down with where it mounts on the deck. I checked the torsion bars and the springs and they all seemed to be in working order. It got too dark to work on it and I looked at the parts manual and found that on each side there is some sort of adjustable eye bolt on each side for the rear. Could the one on the left rear have stripped out a little and not brought the "L" bracket all the way up to the correct height to hold? Any suggestions? Anyone have this problems before? Thanks for any help in advance.

I think I may have found the problem. Looks like a bolt broke in the left rear lever that holds the chain t lower the deck. The main bolt that runs through the frame and a couple of bushings then into the "L" bracket that holds the chains might be broke. I will know more tomorrow. Taking it to the shop to have it looked at.