Mow, move snow, or both?

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
How many of the JD owners here use their green machine for only mowing, for just snow removal, or for both? Mine does both.

Driller

Threads
How wonderful to have a machine that will handle both applications for you. Where I live, I don't need a snow mover or blower. It's pretty green year round.

JasonB

Threads
My John Deere 2305 will be doing both grass cutting and snow removal! Have not cut grass with it yet, as I only got the mower in Dec.

BGC

Threads
Mine will do both but I can only use it for the driveway since the walk way is surrounded by Stones and things that my wife wanted to decorate the yard with.

Kryten

Threads
Mine does both but again it doesn't really do much snow removal. I just don't have a whole lot that I need to move, not a lot when it comes to sidewalks, and we don't (normally) get a lot of snow here. Of course right now it's awful though.

Mile High Mower

Forum Newbie
Threads
I use my X300 for both. I live at 6500 ft in Colorado and have been busy lately. In fact there is probably 8-10 inches waiting to be plowed from the storm last night.

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
The VENTRAC will do both and much more !

FebSnow2.jpgVentrac 1.jpg :thumbsup:

LandN

Threads
i have a jd tractor and a jd push mower for the yards and a jd string trimmer to make the final trimming and a jd 2 stage 30" snowblower for the white stuff, and i am currently looking to buy the new model jd mower we85 in the spring.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
i have a jd tractor and a jd push mower for the yards and a jd string trimmer to make the final trimming and a jd 2 stage 30" snowblower for the white stuff, and i am currently looking to buy the new model jd mower we85 in the spring.

Man, you sure you don't have green blood? :biggrin: I have never known anybody to have that much brand loyalty...good for you !!!

jenkinsph

Threads
Man, you sure you don't have green blood? :biggrin: I have never known anybody to have that much brand loyalty...good for you !!!

I have either been loyal or stupid myself, not alot of brands to choose from at my place. NOT so loyal that I would buy one of their string trimmers though.:rolleyes:
I have a JS45 push mower, L130 mower, X749 mower, 820 canopy tractor, 4520 cab tractor and a 110tlb with cab. Bunch of Deere and Frontier attachments too.

Will add a front quick hitch, 60"broom, 54" hydraulic blade, 647 tiller and 48" custom landplane this year to the X749. So far this little mower has been a great help for me in the tight quarters I have to work.