Mounting a Sprayer on my Dixie Chopper

Ogie

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just wanted to show how I use a sprayer on my DC. I purchased a 26 gal sprayer intended for use on an ATV. I fabricated two pieces to bolt underneath the tank. The unit is slipped over the rear "L" plate then under the rear frame members. I use a "C" clamp on each side to hold it in place. I have to use a separate battery to power the pump motor because the alternator will not charge the mower battery enough. I installed an on-off switch on the right control and I use a simple two wire disconnect in order to remove the tank when not in use. The yellow bag is used to keep mud daubers from sealing the vent holes in the cap. Put the cap in the bag, tie it up and screw onto the tank. I hope the description here and the pictures are enough to understand just how I have done this. If anyone has questions, feel free to ask. I may miss getting on the forum each day so Please be patient, "I"ll be back". ( heard that before did you?)

Attachments

• Dixie Chopper Sprayer (11).JPG
    Dixie Chopper Sprayer (11).JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 62
  • DSC_0033.JPG
    DSC_0033.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 39
  • DSC_0031.JPG
    DSC_0031.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 37
  • Dixie Chopper Sprayer (7).JPG
    Dixie Chopper Sprayer (7).JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 44
  • Dixie Chopper Sprayer (12).JPG
    Dixie Chopper Sprayer (12).JPG
    100.8 KB · Views: 54
  • Dixie Chopper Sprayer (2).JPG
    Dixie Chopper Sprayer (2).JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 42
  • Dixie Chopper Sprayer (6).JPG
    Dixie Chopper Sprayer (6).JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 40

MowerCaddy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Looks pretty good. Here is another simple solution that would fit in case your things dont work out.

MowerBoss Home

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
Looks good Arnold! :wink:

Ogie

Forum Newbie
Threads
It's been a while since I've been here so pardon the late reply. The pictures that I posted were not what I was planning to do they were pictures that I took after I have used this for four or five years. I just wanted to show how I did it in cae others were interested in doing something similar. The big boss idea looks pretty good also. If I had seen that before I did what I showed, I may have went that route....less welding and I probably could keep my 2" reciever attached to the mower for pulling things around the property.:smile: