Motor Swap questions please help!

10mm

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey, It's my first post so please excuse me for any missing info. I have a 2001 Troy-bilt 33" walk behind mower that I love. The deck has issues now. bearings and pullys going bad etc. Any way I found a new condition 33" on Craigslist and it has a blown motor. So my question is...... Can I just swap the motor from my mower over to this newer year same model mower? I have search all over and I can't seam to find any cross over charts other than replacing it with a 12.5 briggs available now.

My motor is(model -28B702) (type-1143-E1) (Code-001214ZD)
My mower is model# 34342 Serial# 343421501651

The mower I am wanting to swap the engine over to is.....
Model# 12AF753B766 Serial# 1C034H40002000

Also it would appear it's just mounted with 4 bolts. The holes are in different locations but I think that would be easy to remedy by simply drilling new holes. Do they just pull off the deck or is it more complicated than that? Thanks for any help provided.

txzrider

Threads
the biggest question is will the shafts be the same. The specifications should be out these regarding shaft lenght and diameter... you can generally plug your mower into smallenginewarehouse search and it will suggest a motor to replace yours... the link to that motor will give you specs, put in both mowers and see what you get.

10mm

Forum Newbie
Threads
the biggest question is will the shafts be the same. The specifications should be out these regarding shaft lenght and diameter... you can generally plug your mower into smallenginewarehouse search and it will suggest a motor to replace yours... the link to that motor will give you specs, put in both mowers and see what you get.

That's what I ended up doing. I looked for the shaft size of the recommended replacment motor. 1"x3"x 5/32. Got the motor on yesterday. No issues in the swap. My motor lined right up. Thanks for the tip. I am really happy this worked out for me. I now gave a great mower again.

txzrider

Threads
your very welcome, congrats on the transplant!