motor froze

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It doesn't take more than a few seconds of turning the engine without oil to cause major damage. I have seen a new pushmower sitting in a store get cylinder, and rod damage from people walking by and cranking the engine without oil, or even fuel in the engine. Just the repeated pulling of the starter rope caused seizure.

jerry1967

Threads
It is possible to do both - I personally like new since you don't know how the used one was treated.

There are new engines available on the internet cheaper than a dealer.

If you want to install it yourself - that is fine.

There are others here that may have better suggestions.

I am the original owner so I know it was treated good. Can you give me some site where I can get a engine. Also I need a step by step direction to either change the engine or fix it. I can turn the flywheel about 1/3 of the way around back and forth but then it stops.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Is it possible to just buy a used engine someplace or is it cheaper to just buy a new one?

Your cheapest way would be a used engine unless there isn't too much damage in your old engine. I would say the first thing to do is take apart the old engine and see what is wrong with it. I have had very good luck with used parts but yes new is better.

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
It's easy enough to find sites that have replacement engines - I don't feel comfortable recommending any specific supplier.
Maybe some others will give you links.

It may be that it is easy to fix, if you can find someone that will give you an estimate for just a small labor charge it might be worth having it checked out.

I am the original owner so I know it was treated good. Can you give me some site where I can get a engine. Also I need a step by step direction to either change the engine or fix it. I can turn the flywheel about 1/3 of the way around back and forth but then it stops.

jerry1967

Threads
thank you everybody - I would like to fix it myself but I need to do some reading, never did this before.

cwallen

Threads
automatic tranny fluid does wonders for a stuck cylinder.be sure and work it back and fourth a little at a time until it makes a full revolution so you don't damage your rings

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Just went through this situation on a repair job. The time and money spent in machine work, labor, and parts its not worth fixing. You can buy a new engine just as cheap.